• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Done] Ron Klamert: VP of Production

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chibi Shoujo

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Still updating some precisions and information for the "Crescent Moon" manga, and when I tried to add Ron Klamert as the VP of Production (which he is credited for in every volume), I received the following error:

"but we already know this task is FALSE for this person
>> Details: Staff “Ron Klamert” (Vice President of Production) for anime “Crescent Moon (manga)” is nonsensical and useless for the encyclopedia."

If this information is indeed "nonsensical and useless", why does Ron have a person entry (person#12612) full of Vice President credits including 97 entries for "VP of Production"?

I don't know if this is an error code that was missed/never fixed or if it was something meant to be in place for everything else he has been credited for. Personally, I don't find the information useless when someone else clearly thought it was important enough to include in publication copyrights when printing the manga.

Last edited by Chibi Shoujo on Fri May 29, 2015 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:07 pm Reply with quote
For reasons unknown to me, a previous editor a number of years ago marked that information as "False" when it was on the entry before and gave that reason. I've marked it as true.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:09 pm Reply with quote
At one point Tempest decided that no CEO/COO/President/Vice President etc. roles should be listed and they were all set to false. That doesn't prevent the same role being added to other titles however.
I don't know if that ruling still stands, but it makes sense, since they likely have no personal contribution to the title (and if they did, that work should be credited separately). For example, see Stu Levy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1