• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Odyssey of the Celestial Ark.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darthmop1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:09 pm Reply with quote
aka Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: Hoshimeguru Hakobune

With huge anticipation I just have received my Blu-Ray copy last weekend and the waiting has finally ended after somewhat six month.

I've got used to Yamato 2199's short episodic scheme too much after starting the movie. It goes on with a slow pace very uncommon to the show - actually just like a movie, the characters get introduced each at a time again so that no one really is missing. Yeah - Yamato 2199 is back on track again but in the end, it just feels like another -huge- episode, wich by the way fits perfectly into the chronological order. It feels more like a pilot to the next season, if there would be any. The characters are again nicely portrayed except for my favorite one, XO Sanada who stands in the back a bit more than usual for the plot's sake. The battles in general are quite neat but I think it doesn't live up to the Battle of the Rainbow Cluster.

Has anyone seen the movie already so far and what do you think about it? I do not deny it is a great addition to the Space Battleship Yamato 2199 franchise but I think for a movie it could have done a little bit better.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1