• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Epic Threads - Accessorizing with Clays and Metals

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mangaka-chan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:11 am Reply with quote
God, that is a good looking Princess Tutu pendent. o_o Really, just wow.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:03 am Reply with quote
Lovely!!! I'm bummed though because I went to her site and she doesn't have anything for sale - not even on ebay. Oooo, I wish I could have that Princes Tutu piece too. Still, she's very talented and I'm glad she posted her work for viewing. Anime smile
Gauss

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:18 am Reply with quote
This is interesting stuff even though I don't cosplay. But judging from the low amount of comments relatively few seem to find these articles. Perhaps you should add an icon beside the front page link to increase visibility?
Murasakisuishou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, the wonders of polymer clays. I'm currently in the procress of making automail for an upcoming Edward Elric cosplay, and that polymer stuff is great. It's also lightweight, so if you do attempt something as huge as my piece, it's not uncomfortable to wear around for a whole day.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:21 pm Reply with quote
it funny because i'm wearing my kyo braclet- and I remember how difficult it was to make it to fit my wrist and look good.

awesome pieces.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
KAtchan15

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote
Those are awesome. Very Happy The design on the FMA pocket watch look like it's really hard to make though.
KaiMei

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:38 pm Reply with quote
Excellent work! The craftsmanship on these pieces is really high.

I have a suggestion for an easier way to cut sheet metal. You can use a jewelers saw, its kind of like a hack saw but smaller. They are about $12 for the saw and $5-$6 for a pack of 5 dozen sawblades. These saws use really thin blades, and move really quickly through thin metal (18 gauge and thinner). Rub some soap or candle wax to lubricate it and you can avoid hand cramps and save some time as well. Rio Grande is a jeweler's supply that can hook you up with one along with alot of other jewelry bits and findings.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Wow, great work! I love the Princess Tutu pendant and the FMA watch especially. The kamineko is quite nicely done as well.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Jongleur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Thanks all for the lovely comments ^_____^ Much appreciated!

KaiMei, your method with metal sounds way better (and more professional) than mine... I didn't work much with sheet metal (just the Anthy crown and Tutu pendant) or I'd've had to figure out something better than scissors.

here-and-faraway, I actually have a few items to put up on ebay sometime soon - they've been sitting in my cupboard for ages, if I get my arse in gear I'll put them up this weekend! No Tutu pendant I'm afraid, but a couple of Utena duelist's rings, Cagalli's pendant from Gundam SEED, and Hiei's from Yu Yu Hakusho...

Tasha
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1