• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Chapter Plays

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brand

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, the Gamestop thing is hilarious only because I watch non-collectors blow up over the game prices and claim digital distribution!!!

I also stopped collecting a few years ago and sold off most of my stuff because it was do that or be homeless. But man I kind of wish I could have held onto things a bit longer a lot of what I had tripled in price.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:07 pm Reply with quote
First of all Todd, I'm so sorry to hear about the food poisoning. That must have been awful and having to physically miss out on E3, but I guess the plus side is that you didn't have to deal with weaving your way through huge throngs of crowds. What did you eat anyway?

Quote:
Sony and Square had great news, but Nintendo pretty much stole the whole thing by turning President and CEO Satoru Iwata, Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime, and legendary producer Shigeru Miyamoto into Muppets. Then it turned them into Starfox Muppets.

^I can only imagine what the response was to this. XD

Final Fantasy VII Remake: To this day, I still don't think FF7 needs a remake, but now that the announcement has finally been made, I guess the only thing left to do now is see where the cards will fall with this one.

As for the rest of E3, I'm looking forward to Star Ocean 5, Project X Zone 2, Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam and of course, Kingdom Hearts III.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Well, 2 good things are happening Shenmue 3 and Last Guardian, guess which one will come out? LOL. Nier looks pretty interesting.
Shouryu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
The Shenmue 3 portion needs to be updated, I think. It's revealed that Sony is only supporting it like how they support indie games, some funding with some support and Yu Suzuki expects that Kickstarter will provide most of the funding.

I interpret that as it being a small scaled game and not what people normally think when they think Shenmue. He also outright states that if the Kickstarter only raised 2 million, he will just concentrate on the story which makes it sounds like it will be a very linear game without all the bells and whistles of what you expect from games with decent budget.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sony is backing the game...

As Shouryu said, Sony isn't funding it. They've agreed to do the marketing for it and pay for the PS4 port, but the kickstarter is pretty much it.

If you're wondering how Yu Suzuki could make Shenmue 3 for just US$2m, well he's not. The stretch goals go up to and beyond US$5m, and the game is already at US$3.6m. But even if it is fully-funded it won't come close to US$47m, right? Sure. But the original game didn't cost that much to begin with. Not even close.

Watch this video to find out the truth about what is going on with the game.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:43 pm Reply with quote
The prices for retro games at Gamestop vary, some are actually cheaper (not by much though), a loose copy of Sonic and Knuckles is $15, their price is $13 and Chrono Trigger is $90 while Ebay's prices are $120+, however some are expensive, a loose copy of Power Stone is $30 at GS but $21-25 on Ebay (complete is $44-80 unless it's a Japanese version which is cheaper than loose copies at $15-16).
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting J-Stars. Picked up the Japanese vita versions when it came out and it seemed alright. Of course Yoshis Wooly World is out in the UK Friday too!
Waffitti

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:49 pm Reply with quote
The developer of Boyfriend Stealer canceled the Kickstarter 2 days ago...
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:50 pm Reply with quote
dtm42 wrote:
Quote:
Sony is backing the game...

As Shouryu said, Sony isn't funding it. They've agreed to do the marketing for it and pay for the PS4 port, but the kickstarter is pretty much it.

If you're wondering how Yu Suzuki could make Shenmue 3 for just US$2m, well he's not. The stretch goals go up to and beyond US$5m, and the game is already at US$3.6m. But even if it is fully-funded it won't come close to US$47m, right? Sure. But the original game didn't cost that much to begin with. Not even close.

Watch this video to find out the truth about what is going on with the game.

Thanks for posting that. I've been saying from the start that there was no way Sony was funding the game, it didn't make any sense. For Sony to be funding the game they would have been very "in your face" on the Kickstarter. There wouldn't just be a digital copy for PS4 while the PC version got a physical copy and there would probably have been a Vita version as well. There would have been other perks as well like PS4 themes and console skins, maybe even a special edition DS4 controller. There wasn't any of that. To hear now that they're paying for the PS4 version to be ported and for publicity (I also said from the start that announcing the KS during Sony's conference was probably a tradeoff) makes far more sense.

That aside, Regalia looks like the type of game I would play, I think I'll back it.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sony and Square had great news, but Nintendo pretty much stole the whole thing by turning President and CEO Satoru Iwata, Nintendo of America President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime, and legendary producer Shigeru Miyamoto into Muppets. Then it turned them into Starfox Muppets.

You have to be one of the few people I know of that thought Nintendo came out of E3 looking good in anyway. Everyone I know has done nothing but bitch about the New Not Metroid game, Yoshi's Wooly World making another (and somewhat unneeded appearance), SMT X FE's trailer not being subbed, Paper Mario being added to Mario & Luigi 5, And the new Animal Crossing game having Amiibo functionality.[/quote]
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:04 pm Reply with quote
I really want to get J-STARS VICTORY VS+ for Vita, and while I'm seeing indication that the Vita version is coming out in North America, I can't seem to find a listing for its release on Amazon, or else where.

Is it digital only for Vita?
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:12 pm Reply with quote
I thought Nintendo's conference was absolutely dreadful. easily the worst by far.

It is possible that by opinion is clouded by the fact that Metroid is one of my all time favorite series and I'm still extremely bitter right now.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:37 pm Reply with quote
Fatt_One wrote:
I thought Nintendo's conference was absolutely dreadful. easily the worst by far.

It is possible that by opinion is clouded by the fact that Metroid is one of my all time favorite series and I'm still extremely bitter right now.

While I think there were a few moments of Nintendo's 2015 E3 conference that were a bit fun (Mr. Miyamoto-san and Mr. Tezuka-san's early sketches of Super Mario, the Muppet versions of Mr. Iwata-san and Reggie Fils-Aime, etc.), I do agree that the conference was pretty terrible overall, to a huge extent. Most of the trailers featured information that was already known by the public at large, contributing to their being lukewarm. However, I think that trailer of a certain spin-off title was what ultimately brought Nintendo down to their knees; if anything, I heard that the massive negativity that resulted from it hit them so hard that it may have adversely affected their stock.
toddc

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:49 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
What did you eat anyway?

I got sick right after I had an omelet and pancakes at IHOP, but people later told me that I looked ill the night before. So I don't want to cause an international pancake incident by pointing fingers.

Mr Adventure wrote:
I really want to get J-STARS VICTORY VS+ for Vita, and while I'm seeing indication that the Vita version is coming out in North America, I can't seem to find a listing for its release on Amazon, or else where.

Is it digital only for Vita?

Yes, I'm afraid it is.
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:54 pm Reply with quote
Actually, the first Sonic the Hedgehog game did come out first, on June 23rd, in both America and Europe. Japan had to wait until July 26th, over a month later, for their release.

Not that I'm nitpicking, but it's something I feel is easy to forget.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2