• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Funimation Solicitations (Crunchyroll Solicitations: June 2022 & beyond)

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
One-Eye

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:30 pm Reply with quote
Right now it looks like Funi is doing with Tokyo Ghoul what they did with Attack on Titan. No box for the LE only the CE. Unless that's a typo/oversight which is strange as I'm not seeing any difference in the extras between the LE and regular edition. It makes me wonder if the LE might be in that book format like AoT set to distinguish it from the RE. I hope I'm wrong otherwise people will flip once again about not getting the chipboard box for LE and personally I didn't like the AoT format.
Keichitsu0305

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm kinda irked that Funi couldn't get the FrFr! shorts (or the OVA but that was released sometime after they made the dub announcements so it's understandable). I am looking forward to the commentaries and VA video extras. Already pre-ordered the second I saw the ANN banner.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:09 pm Reply with quote
http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=111219
Quote:
Attack on Titan Book & Ultimate Collector's Bundle
Release Date: 6/19/2015

Market: $199.93
Price: $149.95 (25% savings)

Are you the Ultimate Attack on Titan Collector? We’ve created this fully-loaded, highly limited bundle just for you, including:

- Attack on Titan Part 1 Limited Edition ($89.98 value)
- Attack on Titan Part 2 Limited Edition ($89.98 value)
- Early release of Attack on Titan Before the Fall EXCLUSIVE FUNimation Edition ($19.99 value)
- BONUS! Banpresto Attack on Titan 6.5-Inch Eren Figure, Cleaning Version ($31.99 value)
- BONUS! Banpresto Attack on Titan 6.5-Inch Levi Figure, Cleaning Version ($31.99 value)

A $250+ value—yours for only $149.95, and limited to 100 bundles. Order now or you may miss out!

http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=100995
Quote:
Attack on Titan: Before the Fall Novel - FUNimation Exclusive Hardcover Edition
Release Date: 7/17/2015

Market: $23.99
Price: $17.99 (25% savings)

FUNimation is proud to offer the hardcover edition of the Attack on Titan prequel novel, Before the Fall (Vertical Comics).

Before the fall, and before the trials of “the Titan’s son” Kyklo, a young smith by the name of Angel Aaltonen grappled with the giants as only a craftsman could….

The first of the three-part Before the Fall light novels, whose second and third installments have been adapted into a manga of the same name (available stateside from Kodansha Comics), this prequel of the prequels details the origins of the devices that humanity developed to take on the mysterious Titans.

In addition to penning the first Attack on Titan novels, author Suzukaze is known for his official prose treatments of the Shin Megami Tensei, .hack//, and Idolmaster franchises. Shibamoto has illustrated various works of fiction including Trinity Blood.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:20 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
.hack//G.U. Trilogy - 94 minutes - $29.98 - 6/30/15 [sub only]
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=104474
Quote:
Special Features: Parody Mode, Promotional videos, Special TV Program: Making of the Theatrical Feature, Image Board Gallery, Trailers

BlazBlue - Alter Memory: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $64.98 - 6/30/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=104475
Quote:
Special Features: Textless Opening Song ''Blue Blaze'', Textless Opening Song ''Blue Blaze'' Ver. 2, Textless Closing Song ''Reincarnation Blue'', U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Soul Eater: Complete Collection (Blu-ray Premium Edition) - 1176 minutes - $129.98 - 6/30/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=104476
Quote:
Special Features: Featuring a 64-page yearbook-style art book and the complete series on Blu-ray, Episode 7 Commentary, Soul Eater Late Show Episodes 1-51, Textless Opening Song ''Resonance'', Textless Closing Songs: ''I Wanna Be'', ''Style'', ''Bakusou Yumeuta'', and ''Strength'', Trailers

Soul Eater Not!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $64.98 - 6/30/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=104478
Quote:
Special Features: Episode 5 Commentary, Episode 9 Commentary, Soul Eater Whoops!, Commercial Collection, Textless Opening Song ''monochrome'', Textless Closing Song ''Yugure Happy Go'', U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Soul Eater Not!: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo LE) - 300 minutes - $69.98 - 6/30/15
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=104477
Quote:
Special Features: Episode 5 Commentary, Episode 9 Commentary, Soul Eater Whoops!, Commercial Collection, Textless Opening Song ''monochrome'', Textless Closing Song ''Yugure Happy Go'', U.S. Trailer, Trailers

Tokyo Ravens, Part 2 (Blu-ray / DVD Combo) - 300 minutes - $64.98 - 6/30/14 (was 6/16/15)
- http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=104379
Quote:
Special Features: Ep 14 Commentary, Ep 18 Video Commentary, Kon Explains it All! #3, Ep 23 Commentary, Textless Openings and Closings, Trailers

FUNimation Shop now listed the above titles with July 21st release date.

Last edited by WTK on Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Covnam

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:04 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
Right now it looks like Funi is doing with Tokyo Ghoul what they did with Attack on Titan. No box for the LE only the CE. Unless that's a typo/oversight which is strange as I'm not seeing any difference in the extras between the LE and regular edition. It makes me wonder if the LE might be in that book format like AoT set to distinguish it from the RE. I hope I'm wrong otherwise people will flip once again about not getting the chipboard box for LE and personally I didn't like the AoT format.

The price difference falls in line with the usual box that comes with their LEs, so maybe it is just something that got left out of the release info?
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:56 pm Reply with quote
WTK

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 11:35 pm Reply with quote
via FUNimation Shop

Note: I would consider release details & extras incomplete (as in more will be announced later on)!

Main Feature Video: 1080p High Definition 4x3 (SD Remaster)

Fullmetal Alchemist: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) - 1275 minutes - $64.98 - 9/15/15
Quote:
Special Features: Episode Commentaries; The Transmutation of a Phenomenon: An Inside Look; Japanese Commercial; L’Arc~en~Ciel “Ready Steady Go” Video; Ura Hagane: Comedic Previews; Textless Opening Songs: Melissa, Ready Steady Go, Undo, Rewrite; Textless Closing Songs: Indelible Sin, To the Other Side of the Door, Motherland, I Will; U.S.Trailer; Trailers

Fullmetal Alchemist: Complete Collection (Blu-ray LE) - 1275 minutes - $129.98 - 9/15/15
Quote:
Special Features: Episode Commentaries; The Transmutation of a Phenomenon: An Inside Look; Japanese Commercial; L’Arc~en~Ciel “Ready Steady Go” Video; Ura Hagane: Comedic Previews; Textless Opening Songs: Melissa, Ready Steady Go, Undo, Rewrite; Textless Closing Songs: Indelible Sin, To the Other Side of the Door, Motherland, I Will; U.S.Trailer; Trailers

Fullmetal Alchemist: Complete Collection (Blu-ray Collector's Edition) - 1275 minutes - $329.98 - 9/15/15
Quote:
Special Features: Episode Commentaries, The Transmutation of a Phenomenon: An Inside Look, Japanese Commercial, L’Arc~en~Ciel ''Ready Steady Go'' Video, Ura Hagane: Comedic Previews, Textless Songs, U.S.Trailer, Trailers

CE packaging preview (via ANN banner

---

via FUNimation Shop:

Free! -Eternal Summer-: Complete Collection (Blu-ray / DVD Combo PE) - 325 minutes - $119.98 - 9/29/15
Quote:
Customers who purchase the Premium Edition will receive an offer for a discount on the OVA (to be released at a later date)!

Limited Edition Chipboard Box With Water Gloss Effect, Full Color Exclusive Artbook, Seven Art Cards, Full Color Sports Towel, Iwatobi and Samezuka Decals, Collector's Box

Special Features: Episode Commentaries, The Competition: English Voice Actor Video Extra, Web Previews, Extended End Card Collection, Illustration Collection, Memorial Promo Video, Promo Videos, Textless Opening Song, Textless Closing Song, U.S. Trailer, Trailers
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:23 am Reply with quote
I would consider getting the basic Blu-ray set, or perhaps the LE, for FMA, but no way in hell am I spending $300+ on a show I already own. I do wish they'd hurry up with the Outlaw Star blu-ray though, I need an LE for that one!

Still, I should praise them, just because I don't want it, doesn't mean other people don't and they are making a more affordable bare-bones release too, so it's not $300 or nothing. I like the style of the release, even if this show isn't for me at this price point.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:21 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
Still, I should praise them, just because I don't want it, doesn't mean other people don't and they are making a more affordable bare-bones release too, so it's not $300 or nothing. I like the style of the release, even if this show isn't for me at this price point.

But one thing they're doing is making a mess; It's fine if their "Collector's Edition" is 5 times the price of their standard BD release- wow, at sales that could get down to about 30 dollars and I need some of it for Brotherhood- but it's also almost three times the price of their Limited Edition.

They preying on the "Some are collectors but some are real collectors" crowd. I don't care how they spend their money but it's the company's job to justify the 200 dollar additional charge- but I'm looking at the pictures and I'm only thinking this set is fully endorsed by Greed. Would the LE just be the regular set split up in three separate cases held together in a cardboard slip case, just at double the price? Oh, maybe they'll throw in a poster too as most of their LEs are usually only 5 dollars more.
Crisha

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Whelp, time to pre-order that PE of Free! It comes with a towel and a hardcover box with a gloss effect. Very Happy

Also, the PE of FMA looks schnazzy, but I'll probably stick with either the LE or RE.

And, actually, the price of the PE is only 2.5X the price of the LE. There's a 25% discount on all of the editions, so the LE is only $100 and the PE is only $250. Still rich for most people to drop money on all at once, but nowhere near Aniplex USA or PonyCan USA prices. If the PE was divided up into four 13-ep releases, they'd each be $62.50, which is less than or equal to the price of one 4/5-episode LE/PE release from Aniplex USA or PonyCan USA (varies between $60-75). So it ends up being about a third less in price. I'll end up paying more for the 5 LE Kill la Kill releases than I would buying the FMA PE ($12.50 per episode for KlK vs. $4.80 per episode for FMA).

Of course, there is the fact FMA is an older series that has been on the market for a while, that it doesn't have the cds that AniPony's editions do (or at least at this point it doesn't), and that the video quality of Funimation's releases tend to be less than AniPony's. But many fans don't tend to care about such things or aren't videophiles to the point where they can visually see the differences that others can (I'm one of those that normally can't see a difference or doesn't care).

But enough with the comparisons, because in the end it's all about the end price and if you feel it's worth it for the release that's being offered. $250 is a big chunk of change to drop all at once. The most I've yet to do is NISA's Cardcaptor Sakura PE release for $180.

---

What I'd like to know is how Funimation defines the difference between Premium Edition and Collector's Edition.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 12:00 am Reply with quote
http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/07/03/back-in-blu-completely-original-fullmetal-alchemist-to-blu-ray
Quote:
Back In Blu, Completely – Original Fullmetal Alchemist To Blu-ray
Posted by Godswill on 07/03/2015 at 7:20pm

Relive the masterpiece.
Fullmetal Alchemist, the Complete Original Series on Blu-ray. A must-have for your collection. For the first time ever, experience Fullmetal Alchemist in perfect picture and perfect sound that Blu-ray brings.

Three editions for every type of Fullmetal fan:
  • The Standard Edition with all 51 episodes and a selection of special on-disc features enclosed in collectible packaging

• The Limited Edition with the full series, a collectible art book and art cards in specialty packaging

• The Collector’s Edition with the full series, art cards and collector’s prints, specialty packing including an Alchemy Tome and Briefcase, and a collectible art book with the best images from the series

http://i.imgur.com/Cy3AwVf.jpg

There are limited quantities, so pre-order your copy starting today, July 3. The series will be yours in its complete and perfect form on September 15.

https://youtu.be/6jIH-UbMP10

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/07/03/free-eternal-summer-for-the-future-premium-edition-and-ova-news
Quote:
Free! -Eternal Summer- “For the Future” Premium Edition AND OVA News!
Posted by Godswill on 07/03/2015 at 7:15pm

We’ve had a wave of recent announcements and events for the swimming anime phenomenon Free! -Eternal Summer-, but we’re not done yet! Today, fresh from our AnimeExpo panel, we’re revealing two new big pieces of news—a Free! ES Premium Edition AND news about the long-awaited OVA episode!

If you’re a hardcore Free! fan looking to add a really special splash to your collection, we’re unveiling today the Free! -Eternal Summer- “For the Future” Premium Edition, full of totally exclusive special additions to show some extra love for our favorite swimboys.

The Premium Edition will include not only the Free! -Eternal Summer- Limited Edition that we unveiled earlier this month (featuring that gorgeous rigid chipboard box with water gloss effect!) but also these collectibles you can’t get anywhere else:
  • A full-color art book, including many gorgeous pieces exclusive only to the original Japanese releases
  • Seven glossy art cards also using exclusive, highly detailed art from the covers of the Japanese releases—you’ll definitely want to frame these
  • A color sports towel, so you can take the boys to the pool or beach!
  • An Iwatobi and a Samezuka decal to show off your school pride
  • And finally, everything housed in a handsome collector’s box to hold all your Free! collectibles

These items are exclusive to this release and won’t be remade once the Premium Edition’s (one and only!) print run sells out, so pre-order now before they’re all gone for good! We’ll be revealing a preview of these items soon.

PLUS! Customers who pre-order the Premium Edition from FUNimation.com will automatically be entered to win a gorgeously sculpted 1/8 scale figure of everyone’s favorite water-lover, Haruka Nanase, from Alter! These highly detailed figures are sold out in Japan and pretty rare to find, so order by September 29 to get a shot.

We’ve also been receiving a lot of questions about the Free! -Eternal Summer- OVA, a special unaired full episode featuring the Iwatobi and Samezuka boys in an intense, dramatic, no-holds-barred (and totally hilarious) water gun battle. We’re excited to finally announce that we do have the rights to this OVA, and it will be released in 2016.

We know that some fans hoped the OVA would be included in the Eternal Summer release. Given the Japanese release dates, we’ve decided to release the OVA separately in order to be able to release the season on home video this year. Since we’ve seen such a huge outpouring of passion and excitement for this title, we definitely don’t want to make you guys wait til 2016 for the entire release.

Details on the OVA are coming soon. Customers who pre-order the Premium Edition from FUNimation.com by September 29 will also receive an offer to get an additional discount on eventual pre-orders of the OVA, so don’t delay!
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm really happy that Funi is offering 3 different versions of the BD for its customers unlike some other companies that have a "take it or leave it" attitude. I am interested in the CE, but the release date is going to make it tough budget wise. I have a lot of expenses between now and September, so I won't be able to pre-order right off the bat. Size is another consideration. I don't mind oversized packaging so much as long as it isn't ridiculous or too awkward. They also haven't shown what the LE is going to look like, so yea I'm going to wait a bit on this.
WTK

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:26 pm Reply with quote
Fullmetal Alchemist: Complete Collection (Blu-ray) now listed @ TRSI:
- Reg
- LE
- CE
TheLegendtaker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:41 pm Reply with quote
So, do we know how many of the Collectors Editions of FMA are being made?
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
I have been a harsh critic of Funimation's awkward and crappy looking special editions, but I salute them for how great their Fullmetal Alchemist Collector's Edition looks. It looks gorgeous and packaged in a convenient way.

I hope this trend continues with their future CE's.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 8 of 46