• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
LuScr wrote:
Browsing the site needs major improvements.

If I'm following the link on the main page to browse through, say, videos--not looking for anything in particular--I don't appreciate having to click through page after page of content (237 pages on default, 119 pages with the largest clickdown option, 57 pages if I monkey with the URL to change results per page to 100) with no way to jump further than page 9 without typing it manually into the URL.

And I'm amazed that with all the filters you thought up, you left out the first letter of the title--your main method of organization past media type on the old site.

Your quarterly print catalog is intentionally brief, with the full selection of products left to the site. As it stands right now, said full selection is much more difficult to access than it was before.

That is not good customer service, and should be rectified as soon as possible.

We are working on improvements in this area.

Feedback in the past has been people wanted facets and didn't like browsing by letter. Will see what we can do. Lots of tuning to do yet.
wmderemer
It...it's not like I post for you or anything!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:48 pm Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:

If you haven't ordered since 1/1 and didn't have an open order, go ahead and create a new account. I'm going to get history in, but honestly, my priority at the moment is trying to work out kinks and such. We will get to it, but it could be a bit yet. Importing what we did took much longer than I expected, and that was only 6 months worth, so we may do chunks at a time. Merging isn't a big deal, so don't worry about that. Smile

Thank you, I have created a new account, and when the data importation is completed, merge away Smile I totally understand where your priorities are, and realize that importing years worth of order data will be a time-consuming task (which I think maybe should have been completed before taking the new site live if possible, but it is what it is).

I will say, however, that the feature that showed you had previously ordered something when browsing an item's page (which I heard is now missing) would be a great return to the site if possible to avoid double-buying something.

Also, I liked browsing my archived orders from time to time, seeing what I paid for an item, then going to the items page & seeing what it is currently selling for to compare the two and see if I got a good deal, or would have done better to wait to purchase it. Will we still see the price we paid in the order history when it's all imported?

Finally, as an aside, Shawne, you still have the old site URL in your location info on your profile here on ANN... might want to update that at some point LOL Smile
Sohma_Curse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Just to add to (one of) my previous comment(s) about bringing back availability status for items in wish lists, I would like to see the publisher of the items (Funimation, Section 23, etc) brought back as well so that it's easier to determine what items are part of specific sales. I know I can just create lists for each individual publisher, but I can't be bothered with such nonsense Laughing
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Hey, how do I get to the series websites for you guys? For example, I need to convert someone to Rose of Versailes, I used to be able to find and access those from your front page easily, but now I can't find them anywhere.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:41 pm Reply with quote
As a long time shopper...

Pros:
-The Paypal option
-Being able to see the Got Anime price displayed
-You don't have to reenter you card on every order.

Cons:
-Customer Login doesn't work right. It does not refresh/redirect you anywhere to show you are logged in.
-Too many extraneous search results. It could be useful to people who don't know exactly what they're looking for though, so I'm not sure if it's entirely a pro or con.
-When "Saving things for later" in your cart I miss it telling me which company put out the item as part of the displayed info on the item. This helps since I tend to save items in there for your sales on specific companies and buy them then.
-The Saved Items list was better and easier to find things when it displayed them alphabetically.
*Using Firefox if that's relevant*

Last edited by Kruszer on Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:55 pm Reply with quote
I forgot to mention, I loved that product pages would have a banner that mentioned if you had already ordered an item, it would be great to see that return.
zawa113

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:05 pm Reply with quote
I liked being able to see my orders and archive them once everything came in. Searching by date is annoying, if I pre-order something during a company sale and it doesn't come out for like 6 months, I don't like having to re-enter back to the month every time to find the order again.

I do like just having the tracking number right there on the side though. Don't need to click in to the order to get the tracking, a good +
One-Eye

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:12 am Reply with quote
shawnek wrote:
Send me an email with your info and I'll try to see if I can go into the backend and have a look at this.

Thanks I'll PM you now with my info. Oh, and thank you for getting our previous list from the old website. I was able to transfer a whole bunch of stuff that I had forgotten about.

Kruszer wrote:
-Customer Login doesn't work right. It does not refresh/redirect you anywhere to show you are logged in.
-The Saved Items list was better and easier to find things when it displayed them alphabetically.
*Using Firefox if that's relevant*
There seem to be several issues in Firefox the login is one of them. However, the non-alphabetical listing also occurs in Internet Explorer.

Sohma_Curse wrote:
Oh shit! My original TRSI 'Save for Later' list from the old site has been imported to the new one!

However, trying to edit the list's name brings me to the shopping cart (which is empty) when I click 'Save' and doesn't change the name at all.
I just moved the products over to my new lists and then deleted the old list from the previous website.
dboypr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Hi, I only have two concerns:

- The first one is the critical one. when you viewed an item in the old site it showed you if you had previously purchased that item and the order number. The new site does not do that. This is very critical to me since I have a major backlog thanks to your great prices and sales that I terrified that I may purchase something that I may already own and not notice it after the return policy has expired. This would be a major improvement to the new website (which is not technically an improvement if it used to have it). This could happen to any customer.

- The second one is not that critical but just beneficial, I'd like the "view all" options since I don't like browsing through countless pages.

Thanks for listening to our feedback Cool
woozle

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:31 am Reply with quote
I only have one real concern. I ordered something that's not back in stock (it said july...something on the old site). on the old site it said when you'd be getting more in, but it doesn't say that on the new website; it just says when it was first released. It would be most helpful, i think, in cases like this to have that date on the new site, so people who have ordered things like this can know when to make sure they have money in for it (i myself used a checking account for this order).

if it helps, the product i'm talking about is Love Live season 1 premium edition. I didn't make a note of when it would be coming in because it was before the website change, and I didn't think i'd need to (i could just click on product page to find out). I hope this makes sense. still half asleep this morning.
RightStufTenguMinion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:54 am Reply with quote
woozle wrote:
I only have one real concern. I ordered something that's not back in stock (it said july...something on the old site). on the old site it said when you'd be getting more in, but it doesn't say that on the new website; it just says when it was first released. It would be most helpful, i think, in cases like this to have that date on the new site, so people who have ordered things like this can know when to make sure they have money in for it (i myself used a checking account for this order).

if it helps, the product i'm talking about is Love Live season 1 premium edition. I didn't make a note of when it would be coming in because it was before the website change, and I didn't think i'd need to (i could just click on product page to find out). I hope this makes sense. still half asleep this morning.

Hi woozle. I'll pass your suggestion along. In the meantime, the reprint date for the Love Live Season 1 Premium Edition is July 31, 2015.
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:28 pm Reply with quote
Is there a way we can have individual release dates added back to the order detail page? Not only do we have to open every individual page, we also have to look in the detail tab to find the dates now.

I almost always pre-order everything, so it'd be nice to know when something's been delayed or a reminder when I make a mistake thinking that the one that's holding up the order comes out a week earlier than it really is.
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:03 am Reply with quote
I've just noticed that sometimes when I go to the website, instead of having me as a default, it has someone else. And it seems that we're able to mess with and see each other's cart inadvertently (seeing how my planned Shojo Beat manga were gone and a bunch of anime I didn't want to buy were in there in multiple quantities, so perhaps they got confused as to why it wasn't adding to their cart and hit it multiple times?). I can see their cart, seems they can see and modify mine. At least until I log in properly with my username and password. I have no idea why it's doing this, perhaps we have similar emails or passwords and its confusing the system by accident? I haven't checked out with the new system yet, but does it/can it save credit cards? I would be quite alarmed if I suddenly got a huge charge I wasn't expecting. Granted, it would probably be saved with my address and get sent here anyway, but still would be very annoying and alarming.
The thing is, it's not like our names are the same. Mine begins with "C", the other is an "S", not even the same number of letters.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:16 am Reply with quote
I liked the new price slider filter, as for the Sentai sale, it allowed me to filter out the ultra-expensive Limited Editions and the "volumes 2 and 5 out of 6 released by ADV back in 2004" Bargain Bin stuff. So it's a shame that the price slider disappeared after I reset my password and actually logged in. After logging out, the slider was back.

Other than that, everything seemed to work okay, with some slight adjustments on my part like doing Edit>Remove to delete items from the cart instead of my usual habit of just changing the quantity to zero.
Polycell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Whelp, I'm done. First I visit the site in Palemoon, only to be greeted by a blank page until I adjusted the user agent to match Firefox's(despite them both being the same rendering engine under the hood). Then, when I go to find out which card I used to pay for an order, it turns out the only thing listed under "Payment information" is "Invoice: Terms Due on receipt" - only there's never been any talk of the payment information on the packing slip, the Download as PDF button isn't any better and the Receipts page is completely empty, no matter what date range I set.

After this transition, I didn't even touch the Viz sale and haven't really thought about the Sentai sale because, frankly, the couple of times I toyed with this new website have been nothing but an excercise in frustration. Now I go to get a bit of basic information and it's gotten no better at all - it's just as broke when you crapped it out on the world. The one reason I'm not cancelling my open order is due to Aniplex+ being made to order - but beyond that? I'm done.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 5 of 17