• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer GN 5-6

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:16 am Reply with quote
Biscuit Hammer isn´t his fist series but you can see him develop throughout the manga and Satoshi stepped up his art skill during the last few years too.
His Sengoku Youko is on of the best shonen manga on the market and his other ongoing Spirit Circle which is reminiscent of Hi No Tori is one of the best all around series full stop so i now consider him to be one of the most gifted mangaka of our time.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Doodleboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:33 am Reply with quote
Hm... This seems like one of those series that will benefit from an anime adaptation...
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:06 am Reply with quote
Loving this series. I honestly didn't see the death being done this early. Knew that it was coming, but honestly thought that it was going to be a little later down the line.

Though, it still felt like a punch to the gut.

Looking forward to seeing how everything wraps up. Still around 2 more omnis to come, I think, and I don't know where each character will end up...or if they'll survive. From the current characters left, feel like we'll at least see a couple more deaths.

From the 2 I think will be killed off, I'd be absolutely shocked if one doesn't go, but not too surprised if the other survives. Those being shocked if spoiler[Yayoi] isn't killed off, expecting spoiler[Souichiro] to be done in too...but wouldn't be surprised if I'm wrong there.
Paulo27

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:52 am Reply with quote
residentgrigo wrote:
Biscuit Hammer isn´t his fist series but you can see him develop throughout the manga and Satoshi stepped up his art skill during the last few years too.
His Sengoku Youko is on of the best shonen manga on the market and his other ongoing Spirit Circle which is reminiscent of Hi No Tori is one of the best all around series full stop so i now consider him to be one of the most gifted mangaka of our time.
Yep, Sengoku Youko has to be the best shounen manga I have had the luck to read, that really could use an anime.
brace625

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I've been re-reading the volumes as they come out and my enjoyment of the series has only increased. The death that happens in this volume still caught me off guard with how sudden it is. The framing of the scene is well, heart wrenching. I like how it used to develop one of the characters, that I feel would have been ignored if this was a typical story.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1