• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers (TV).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:23 pm Reply with quote

Marvel Disk Wars: The Avengers (TV)

Genre: action
Themes: proxy battles, superheroes

Plot Summary: In order to capture evil villains, portable capturing devices known as "Disks" were developed. However, thanks to Loki's machinations, both villains and heroes are sealed up in these Disks and scattered around the world. Amid the chaos, five youths obtained the power to restore these Disks-sealed heroes through a program called "Biocode." These youths received five Disks that Spider-Man, who narrowly escaped being sealed himself, retrieved. Thus, these five can restore Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, and Wasp — the Avengers.
----------------------------------

Episode 1: Not much happened yet, lots of set up of the kids and cameos from various Marvel heroes. Next week everyone gets turned into bakugan. Opening song is pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing where this goes and what kinda cameos will be in it. Liking it more than the previous Marvel anime already. Smile
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:15 am Reply with quote
Best Avengers show to date, but that's not saying much. But hey, after Build Fighters ended up being one of the best Gundam series, maybe this will be like that for Marvel.

Like the designs of the heroes, but all the kids look bland as hell expect for Jessica who looks like some Toriyama girl which is fun. I imagine someone more well versed in Marvel stuff would pick up the cameos more since there were a lot of characters I don't know.

Here's hoping.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:14 pm Reply with quote

I see a familiar face here! Probably because Tony Stark is a hero in this.

Anyways, it was a typical episode. spoiler[Spiderman's appearance was something though. Loki also appeared as the big bad of the season although I wasn't surprised.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:32 pm Reply with quote
Episode 2

I'm liking Spider-Man in this. Seems to be a fun and all around balanced guy. Captain America is cool too, and Wasp is a cutie.

Kind of slow paced though. First and second episodes probably could have been combined. Not sure how many episodes this is supposed to be. 26 or 52? Next week looks like it'll pick up though
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:32 pm Reply with quote
My God, Stephen, what have they done to you?! Laughing

Didn't expect to see some X-men hanging around. Wonder who all is going to show up? I'm not much of a comic buff so a lot of the super villains I didn't recognise.

Should be a fun show, at the very least.
Lavnovice9

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2014 12:27 pm Reply with quote
13 episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. Akira just got his second hero which confirms my hopes for the kids getting other heroes to use and not just their titular one. M.O.D.O.K is probably my favorite villain for just how silly and over the top he is.
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:34 am Reply with quote
An english dub of Marvel Disk Wars has begun airing on Disney Anime hyper South East Asia.

Here are some clips of the dub.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xkC8gzoisIk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHnwg2lASo4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eifgwxvSVc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TuZTal7yOQ
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1