• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Expelled from Paradise Film Gets Sequel Novel

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soaringfalcon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Im happy it getting a continuation even though its in a different medium, but hopefully yen press or whoever can bring this novel over the US there yen on initiative has been doing well lately Very Happy
BL2W

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
A copy of Frontier Setter? A copy of Angela??

Why can't they just make brand-new characters that fulfill the roles they're trying to fill here? Like another robot that was similar to Frontier Setter but isn't outright just "a copy"? Or, another officer from DEVA who isn't just "a copy" of Angela? To a degree, I can understand the Frontier Setter copy, but why a copy of Angela? There were other people (presumably officers themselves) sent to Earth from DEVA in the movie. I get that it's an attempt at marketing, but this copycat element feels a bit absurd right off the bat. Confused
Jackanapes

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 3:59 pm Reply with quote
BL2W wrote:

Why can't they just make brand-new characters that fulfill the roles they're trying to fill here? Like another robot that was similar to Frontier Setter but isn't outright just "a copy"? Or, another officer from DEVA who isn't just "a copy" of Angela? To a degree, I can understand the Frontier Setter copy, but why a copy of Angela? There were other people (presumably officers themselves) sent to Earth from DEVA in the movie. I get that it's an attempt at marketing, but this copycat element feels a bit absurd right off the bat. Confused

A good chunk of the reason the movie was so popular was because of Angela's character design I always thought. It makes sense to roll with that again, doubly so if it's going to have pictures.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:23 pm Reply with quote
Will they reflect the movies decision to use animation techniques unsuited to CGI? I suggest skipping every third line.
bigivel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:38 pm Reply with quote
Toei said they are pondering making an original CG project follow up to Expelled from Paradise.
This means we can end up with a new movie Sequel, or just a totally new story with the same type and focus as Expelled.

Both cases will be great!
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:49 pm Reply with quote
BL2W wrote:

what is the meaning of being ?

they can explore those themes with copies.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Great news. Please licence
Doodleboy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Kind of feels like companies are trying to use Urobuchi to start franchises ever since the massive success of PMMM. Kind of too bad that other writers have a difficult time marching to the beat of Urobuchi's drum.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Sounds interesting. Maybe it will be adapted in the future to other mediums as well.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
Why note just make a story with the original characters. It is not like DEVA can't go back to Earth. And they didn't kill them off either. They are still around.

Always hate when they do this.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:16 am Reply with quote
I'[d just prefer a continuation with Angela and Dingo. They were great characters, and I'd love to see them have more adventures.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:47 am Reply with quote
Dang, first Gargantia and now this? Seems like a new tread to make sequel novels instead of more anime. I wouldn't care, if it wasn't for the fact that these will never see the light of day outside of Japan, so i'll have no way of knowing what happens next.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:34 am Reply with quote
Razor/Edge wrote:
Dang, first Gargantia and now this? Seems like a new tread to make sequel novels instead of more anime. I wouldn't care, if it wasn't for the fact that these will never see the light of day outside of Japan, so i'll have no way of knowing what happens next.

This is where fan translations and article summaries come into play.
CoreSignal

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:05 pm Reply with quote
Wish we could've gotten a sequel in animated form. Maybe if the novel does well enough, I guess. Anyway, I enjoyed the movie so it'd be cool if someone picked this up for an official English release.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:48 pm Reply with quote
So Angela´s cloths don´t get ripped of on the cover as with volume 0 but at least the fans get that bonus image... I never understood why the marketing needs to sex her up so crazy (and only in the teen body too).

The film was "good" and i liked the characters (the story was whatever) so i would watch a sequel. Or read a more cost sensible manga.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2