• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Ringing Bell (movie).

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nobahn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Ringing Bell (movie)

Plot Summary: A little lamb's life is turned upside down by the wolf that killed his mother. He seeks to avenge his mother, but in order to defeat the wolf, he must become one.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree with Theron Martin's review: This movie is not for young children at all. Tweens should, however,be able to handle it just fine. Questions to pose to said tweens before watching:
  • In what way might the graphics be misleading about the age-appropriateness of the movie?
  • What values does the movie project?
I would submit that the "cutesie" nature of the graphics would give the misleading impression that that the appropriate age of the target audience is young children. I would also submit that that the chief value that it presents is: "Don't become a monster to fight a monster."

EDIT: Mike Toole devotes a paragraph in this column to the movie in the context of director Masami Hata's involvement in Sanrio's anime/animation production.
EDIT #2: Don't ask me how, but I missed this Justin Sevakis column..... Embarassed
EDIT #3: In yet another Mike Toole column there are some posts about this topic starting here.

Last edited by nobahn on Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:23 pm; edited 7 times in total
Chiibi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:58 pm Reply with quote
Hands-down, this is the most depressing, emotionally powerful short film I've ever watched.

I thought about it for at least three days after I watched it. That's when you know something's really hit you.

Moral: "Seeking revenge only ends in tragedy"

Yeah, I'll say. Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1