• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Accel World (TV).

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 7:47 am Reply with quote
OVA

Now that is how an OVA, entertaining, and sexy. And I don't mean sexy in way that some OVAs send their characters off to hot springs, but sexy with things like what I am dubbing spoiler[Kuroyuki-Lotus] (pic), the duo of spoiler[Chiyu-Bell] and spoiler[Taku-Pile] (pic), and Haru eventually brought us the wonderous spoiler[Kuroyuki-Lotus-Haru-Crow] (pic), so good there too. I have been able to find some images online and figures of it, and just looks so nice.

The some other bits I like, such as Haru calling out about his FPS skills, as another FPS fan I kind of feel conected with that. Spent over week lately playing a recent release, impacting on my anime watching (and sleep). But the funnest part was definetly Chiyu, spoiler[she seemed to be having way too much fun useing her boyfriend like that, and destroying all the enemies.] Little laugh at Taku's spoiler[moan] of violation.

Kuroyukihime was not happy to spoiler[learn that she is actually intimidating, what with him basically not even using the "just friends" instead saying only teacher and student.]
Rhyono

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 6:53 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
The some other bits I like, such as Haru calling out about his FPS skills, as another FPS fan I kind of feel conected with that. Spent over week lately playing a recent release, impacting on my anime watching (and sleep).

Borderlands 2 or something I don't care about?
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:20 pm Reply with quote
Rhyono wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
The some other bits I like, such as Haru calling out about his FPS skills, as another FPS fan I kind of feel conected with that. Spent over week lately playing a recent release, impacting on my anime watching (and sleep).

Borderlands 2 or something I don't care about?

Yes Cool, bazillions of guns is fun.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote
haru has a war pig was pretty adorable
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:07 am Reply with quote
Come back to this thread after a while, I remember becoming aware of a big theory that links Accel World to Sword Art Online which I wrote in SAO's thread, but that is if you can even find anything in that mess of a thread. Mainly the theory that Kuroyukihime's name may be something like spoiler[Kirigaya Sachi] (surname first) PIC

But I am really here to talk about:
OVA 2

So what important plot do we have for this OVA? Actually we don't need plot, just look at how good last OVA was. And what we get, is spoiler[Haru having to slim down to school requirments.] I mean it is not bad, we got plenty of characters: Niko, Blood Leopard, SKy Raker, and Ash Roller. Sky Raker looks to have a larger part spoiler[in joining Nega Nebulous, a mentor and friend.] Even spoiler[guns are no match for a girl with a big hat and in a wheelchair]. There was a spoiler[hotspring part], just that they try to troll you with spoiler[showing their avatars in the water, which is not sexy in any way]. But if you were really interested you get your standard fare.

Actually there is an important thing that we found out, it is almost too shocking to be true, also a little subtle so prepare yourself if you did not pick it out. But it turns out spoiler[Ash is really a girl, and not some foul mouthed punk girl, but a timid girl] that looks like THIS. How is that for character shatering revelations? Don't feel bad if you didn't notice it, I am not even sure they wanted to make sure the audience even figured it out yet. But I see some things that might happen in a second season. Or who knows, maybe I just misunderstood.

And props to Kuroyukihime's fear that spoiler[she might lose Haru if he got slim], and that Haru's spoiler[trauma might go back to his parent's divorce]. I am sure the way they dealt with expressing their insecurities and ignoring it was completly healthy.
blackpariah

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:24 pm Reply with quote
I already knew spoiler[Ash was a girl] but completely blanked on that part and was thinking "who's that random girl at the hot spring?". *facepalm*
GrayArchon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Some interviews and a biography of Reki Kawahara from Sakura Con have been posted online. They're primarily about Sword Art Online, but there's some stuff in there about Accel World as well.

http://www.t-ono.net/sakura-con-2013/Reki-Kawahara-Panel-Sakura-Con-2013.html

http://www.t-ono.net/sakura-con-2013/Reki-Kawahara-Reception-Information.html

http://www.t-ono.net/biographies/REKI-KAWAHARA-川原-礫-Biography.html
ConanSan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:27 pm Reply with quote
Paraphrased; "Haruyuki's weight and size were used as a contrast to acceleration".

So yeah, the "Urgh, Fat Pride" people can quietly keep schtum now, ta.
Rhyono

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Conan-san wrote:
Paraphrased; "Haruyuki's weight and size were used as a contrast to acceleration".

Which should have been obvious due to the way they handled Sky Raker wishing to fly since she has prosthetic legs.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Episode 14:
I don't know if anybody will bother reading this after three years, but ...

Rhyono wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
That guy really is a prick, but I don't see how they could not just spoiler[say that he was the one that set the camera up. Now days we can have phones record video and audio, shouldn't they have easily recorded bits of what he said and shown the teachers.]

Yeah, that part was a bit stupid. It's not like spoiler[Haru would have put the camera there that caught himself.]

Right, and Haru would definitely not post the image of himself on the school net.
This "trap" of Nomi's seems really stupid, and having Haru and Chi fall for it seems ten times more stupid.
I am finding this harder to accept than the concept of Brain Burst.

But I am still enjoying the show. Mostly because of Kuroyukihime and Yuniko.
My enjoyment level dropped several points with the introduction of Nomi, I cannot stand that guy, but it is still high enough to keep me interested.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 21 of 21