• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Aniplex Solicitations

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheLegendtaker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:37 pm Reply with quote
Guess its that time again. *pulls down pants;puts butt in the air*

Take my money Aniplex, give me my animu.

:/ I'm not proud, but I need my Fate Limited Edition.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:08 pm Reply with quote
Since the animation was iffy and the special benefits are the same, I am considering buying Durarara!!x2 on DVD. I am cool with paying a lot for stuff I really want, but I would not mind saving some dollars on this releases.
WTK

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
http://mahouka.us/blurays/vol2.html | http://www.rightstufanime.com/The-Irregular-at-Magic-High-School-Set-2-BD
Quote:
The irregular at magic high school Blu-ray: Volume 2 [Nine Schools Competition Arc]

Coming 9.15

Disc Spec
Spoken Language : Japanese
Subtitles : English
Aspect Ratio : 16:9 Widescreen
Episodes : Episodes 8- 18 (Nine Schools Competition Arc)
Number of Discs : 3 Blu-ray Discs
Total Run Time : Approx. 275 min.
Rating : 13 UP

Bonus Contents
■ Textless Opening 2
■ Textless Ending 1
■ Get to Know Magic Studies! #4-5 (Short Videos)

Bonus Materials & Special Package
■ Box and Collectable Pin-ups Illustrated by KANA ISHIDA (Character Design)
■ Special Booklet

Price
SRP : $139.98
Retail Price : $109.98

http://mahouka.us/blurays/vol3.html | http://www.rightstufanime.com/The-Irregular-at-Magic-High-School-Set-3-BD
Quote:
The irregular at magic high school Blu-ray : Volume 3 [Yokohama Disturbance Arc]

Coming 12.8

Disc Spec
Spoken Language : Japanese
Subtitles : English
Aspect Ratio : 16:9 Widescreen
Episodes : Episodes 19- 26 (Yokohama Disturbance Arc)
Number of Discs : 2 Blu-ray Discs
Total Run Time : Approx. 200 min.
Rating : 13 UP

Bonus Contents
■ Textless Ending 2
■ Get to Know Magic Studies! #6 (Short Video)

Bonus Materials & Special Package
■ Box and Collectable Pin-ups Illustrated by KANA ISHIDA (Character Design)
■ Special Booklet

Price
SRP : $99.98
Retail Price : $79.98
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:23 am Reply with quote
Nice to see the rest of The Irregular at Magic Highschool get dated.

Last edited by Kruszer on Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Dfens

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:39 pm Reply with quote
Kind of weird they choose 3 different prices for each of the 3 sets for The Irregular at Magic Highschool.

I was expecting to pay 70.00 dollars per set based on the first sets price, but now it's 50 dollars more for the whole series.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:37 am Reply with quote
Dfens wrote:
Kind of weird they choose 3 different prices for each of the 3 sets for The Irregular at Magic Highschool.

I was expecting to pay 70.00 dollars per set based on the first sets price, but now it's 50 dollars more for the whole series.

I assume that the pricing is based on the fact that the show has 3 arcs and that they've devoted a set to each of those, however each of those arcs vary in episode length.
Dfens

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Actually set 1 is 7 episodes, set 2 is 11 episodes, and set 3 is 8 episodes so based on the price they are charging they are going for 10 dollars per episode.

Rather than have one set price per set which would have been nicer.

I really like the series and bought part 1 so I'm stuck paying what ever price they are charging for parts 2 and 3.
WTK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:20 pm Reply with quote

http://www.rightstufanime.com/the-Garden-of-sinners-Standard-Edition-Bluray-Box-Import

Note: this JP BD-Box was actually released back on July 10, 2013 (http://www.karanokyoukai.com/box/box.html)

http://aniplexusa.com/thegardenofsinners | November 10, 2015.
Quote:
the Garden of sinners Blu-ray Disc Box Standard Edition (IMPORT)

Disc Spec:
Spoken Language: Japanese (Linear PCM 5.1 surround & Linear PCM Stereo)
Subtitles: Japanese & English
Aspect ratio: 16:9 widescreen
Episodes: 7 movies & Bonus “Final Chapter: the Garden of sinners”
Number of Disc: 8 BD discs
Total Run Time: Approx. 530 min.
Rating: 16 UP

Bonus Contents
■ “Final Chapter: the Garden of sinners” on Disc 8
■ “Pre-show Reminder” Videos

Bonus Materials and Package
■ Leaflet of key visuals of each movie
■ Rigid Box Illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi (Original Character Design)

SRP: $399.98
Sales Price: $319.98

Last edited by WTK on Mon Aug 17, 2015 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:46 pm Reply with quote
OMG Shocked Shocked . I didn't actually think they would bring it over on BD even though its an import. Oddly it seems that my AoA DVD LE has a little bit more extras, though I'm certain the BD box is probably more solid and rigid than my DVD box (practically anything is). However, I'm having difficulty getting the desire up to double-dip. BD quality alone is not enough for me at that price. I think I need something a little more, but what can you do its an import. Anyways, I'm sure there will be many happy people who having missed the boat on the 1st release will now be able to pick this up.

[sigh] is it me or does it seem like several companies are really loading up the end of the year? Its going to be tough for me from september thru november. Getting Tokyo Ghoul CE, maybe FMA CE and other stuff. Might turn into an expensive year.
lem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:34 pm Reply with quote
Wonder what that increase in $$ price and noted as a "Sale Price" includes?

For that higher price, will it be any different than this one? Which, as of this post is: ¥ 28,467 or $230.01 USD ($10.01 of that total amount is for shipping).

劇場版 「空の境界」Blu-ray Disc BOX(通常版)(Theater version of "empty boundary" Blu-ray Disc BOX (Limited Edition) (English Subtitles option included)
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 8:53 pm Reply with quote
lem wrote:
Wonder what that increase in $$ price and noted as a "Sale Price" includes?

For that higher price, will it be any different than this one? Which, as of this post is: ¥ 28,467 or $230.01 USD ($10.01 of that total amount is for shipping).

劇場版 「空の境界」Blu-ray Disc BOX(通常版)(Theater version of "empty boundary" Blu-ray Disc BOX (Limited Edition) (English Subtitles option included)

WTK already listed above that its the same one just being imported.
WTK wrote:
Note: this JP BD-Box was actually released back on July 10, 2013
I think I've seen it noted by other importers that AoA prices seem to be off lately and that buyers maybe better served getting some items directly from Japan. I have no idea what's going on with some of the prices, maybe they want you to buy directly from Japan considering its $100 cheaper.
lem

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:35 pm Reply with quote
^I got the part about it being noted that this box was released two years ago. That was made pretty clear by WTK.

As before though, just curious as to the price increase if it's the same product.

And would still like to know if something has been done with this Nov 15th release for R1 fans? Maybe, just maybe, it's something that would justify the increase? Or?

*just trying to remain positive here with regards to pricing for R1 fans*
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:55 am Reply with quote
@lem
It would appear that the additional price is simply Aniplex's usual markup to save fans the "problem" of ordering direct from Japan. The only extra might be the pamphlet of key art (line art?). For what it is worth, the reported content of the disks is consistent with that of the prior LE Bluray version they sold sometime back. Different graphics on the disks though. They are not even throwing in the post cards from the DVD version.

I think this is Aniplex's idea of "doing fans a favor" and at the same time announcing that they will not be printing a North American Bluray version.
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:00 am Reply with quote
lem wrote:
^I got the part about it being noted that this box was released two years ago. That was made pretty clear by WTK.
Sorry I must have misunderstood (either that or the beer was talking), I thought you might have missed that my bad.

Quote:
As before though, just curious as to the price increase if it's the same product.

And would still like to know if something has been done with this Nov 15th release for R1 fans? Maybe, just maybe, it's something that would justify the increase? Or?

*just trying to remain positive here with regards to pricing for R1 fans*
To me comparing what AoA has on their website it seems to be the same product. I don't believe the leaflet (at least they are actually calling it that instead of "booklet") has much in the way of text, its mostly some key visuals so there wouldn't be anything to translate for fans. Unless they plan to add something between now and November it seems like a straight import. Maybe they might change the Obi around the package to English? I could see them maybe doing that (I think they did it with Baccano's first BD release?).

The price may also drop between now and November to reflect the conversion rate? Maybe? Imho, AoA seems to be playing around with pricing and packaging seeing what they can get away with. The new Drrr!!x2 is going to be $160 on RS for 13 eps and post cards. The first season BD was 26 eps plus the lunchbox, artbox and postcards for $150. Then there's some of their releases in cardstock slip covers with post cards which leave me underwhelmed.

Things may change its still early, but I'm not sure I would go for it even at $230 without anything else added to this release.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:18 am Reply with quote
One-Eye Wrote:
Quote:
I'm not sure I would go for it even at $230 without anything else added to this release.

Oh, but the Bluray version is so pretty! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 97 of 108