• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dansai Bunri no Crime Edge Manga Ends

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:34 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
The anime is some of the worst ever sold series in history.
There is no longer demand for lolicon. No wonder it's ending.

The no demand that caused Fate/kaleid to get 3 seasons, 3 OVas and 15 BD specials?

I also enjoyed the show(a good male mc in a romance? what?), but I doubt it was the loli causing the lack of sales. Seeing as it was doing decent in the pre-order rankings, but it suddenly dropped, I do not/can not read 2ch, but what 'DmonHiro' said would make a lot of sense.
Never has a series been as overestimated in its pre-order sales estimates as Crime Edge. It was overestimated by like 1016%.
From what i've seen at-least. Back then, I saw a bunch of theories it was done by trolls. But why that series and why never again? Cancelling pre-orders makes a lot more sense now.
blackice85

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:49 am Reply with quote
god45 wrote:
blackice85 wrote:
god45 wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
No, because he confessed his feeling and then kissed her.
that strange tho SAO sold like hot cakes and kirito kissed asuna so I don,t get it

Yeah I can't help but think there was more at play here, though what DmonHiro said was probably a factor.
heck another show called accel world sold way way way more then this and that one also had a love confession and am sure you guys know what episode am talking about

Yep, same author did SAO actually. Like I said I suspect something else was at work here too.
Sunny milk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:55 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:

Never has a series been as overestimated in its pre-order sales estimates as Crime Edge.

Yeah, I actually remember it having 2000+ points before we got the sales figure, but the point is that if it had a "busty babe" as the main girl, it would have surely gotten a couple of times more sales in the end.

Additionally I'd mention Kaleid Liner is by far the worst selling Fate title ever, can't even be compared to anything else. Even with a name with such a huge following, it has a hard time selling decent.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:58 am Reply with quote
Sunny milk wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

Never has a series been as overestimated in its pre-order sales estimates as Crime Edge.

Yeah, I actually remember it having 2000+ points before we got the sales figure, but the point is that if it had a "busty babe" as the main girl, it would have surely gotten a couple of times more sales in the end.

Unless you actually show some proof, I doubt i'm going to believe that.

Quote:

Additionally I'd mention Kaleid Liner is by far the worst selling Fate title ever, can't even be compared to anything else. Even with a name with such a huge following, it has a hard time selling decent.

Good thing BD sales are not everything.
It has more episodes than any other fate adaption(33 + 15 short specials).
Via_01

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:04 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
That loli stuff wasn't why it sold so poorly. Words on 2ch say that it was because most couldn't self insert as Kiri. He was decisive, a bad ass and told Iway how he felt about her at the half way point. Sales were never going to be great, but after the love confession in episode 6, most pre-orders were canceled. Yes, most otaku were intimidated by Kiri and thought that he sullied Iway by kissing her.

That is rather sad to hear. Though we can't confirm if this is true or not, the fact remains thst pre-orders were pulled out after that specific episode (which was pretty damn sweet by the way). I liked this show, and I would have liked to see more of it animated.

I doubt the manga was axed, however. Usually, when a manga is axed, it's the publisher that gives the information away. In this case, however, it's the author saying that he’s going to end it, so I suppose he's simply going to lead it to it's planned conclussion. That’s usually the case with manga that are only slightly popular.
god45

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:48 am Reply with quote
blackice85 wrote:
god45 wrote:
blackice85 wrote:
god45 wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
No, because he confessed his feeling and then kissed her.
that strange tho SAO sold like hot cakes and kirito kissed asuna so I don,t get it

Yeah I can't help but think there was more at play here, though what DmonHiro said was probably a factor.
heck another show called accel world sold way way way more then this and that one also had a love confession and am sure you guys know what episode am talking about

Yep, same author did SAO actually. Like I said I suspect something else was at work here too.
yeah I know am just saying how those two show had great BD and DVD sells and both of those had confession so I agree there is another factor here
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:14 am Reply with quote
Student no.0 wrote:
For those that want to read the manga legally where the anime doesn't cover:
http://global.bookwalker.jp/de5c14b21c-4c18-4d7d-bca9-9986a931d0cd/

Is the manga actually in English on that site? They have English blurbs, but I don't see anything that indicates whether or not the manga itself is in English.

I know nothing about Book Walker...

I ask because, I see Inari Konkon is there. And, being able to read that series may actually have me breaking my "no digital manga" pledge. Laughing

On topic, I really liked the Crime Edge anime. With it ending, my wish would be for it to have a 2nd anime season to finish it off.

Had no idea about the poor (or should I say abysmal) sales for this title. It's sad that it didn't do well, really liked the MCs in this one.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:05 am Reply with quote
This was a very weird series. Sometimes creepy, sometimes funny, but it was always very enjoyable. I liked it quite a bit and I like how it portrayed it's relationships, I don't think I've seen many series like that. It's nice that it's ending in a way, I hope a translation of the manga happens, even it is only scanalations.
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:06 am Reply with quote
Was just wondering recently what happened to that series. I remember the anime fondly, and was wondering if there was any chance left for it to continue. I guess, in terms of the poor sales, the only non-nefarious possibility I could posit is that it came out at a bad time. I don't really know what else came out at that time, but it is possible, I suppose, that there were a number of other popular series and this one simply wasn't a big enough hit to overcome any other noise. Looking back, Attack on Titan, Valvrave, Majestic Prince, Oreimo season 2, Scientific Railgun S, were all running that season. It would seem plausible that those or other series could have sucked the air from what was a decent, but not particularly blockbuster, series - assuming of course you're talking about a crowd without unlimited funds.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:52 pm Reply with quote
if i can remember correctly... i think this series came out in the same season as Another ?

saw 2-3 episodes.. but can't remember much.. something about hair that keep growing back..

maybe it's time to rewatch it.. so what's it's about..
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I remember I really liked the first episode, it had a kind of sweet-but-disturbing quality that really hooked me, but it slowly started spiraling downwards, focusing too much on the "assassins" and with way too many "Iwai humiliation" fanservice without much rewarding sweet-disturbing romance. In the end it just became tasteless and gross and the lady with the jello boobs that randomly appeared at the end was just the final nail on the coffin for me.
GaryNhk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:02 pm Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
Student no.0 wrote:
For those that want to read the manga legally where the anime doesn't cover:
http://global.bookwalker.jp/de5c14b21c-4c18-4d7d-bca9-9986a931d0cd/

Is the manga actually in English on that site? They have English blurbs, but I don't see anything that indicates whether or not the manga itself is in English.

I know nothing about Book Walker...

I ask because, I see Inari Konkon is there. And, being able to read that series may actually have me breaking my "no digital manga" pledge. Laughing

On topic, I really liked the Crime Edge anime. With it ending, my wish would be for it to have a 2nd anime season to finish it off.

Had no idea about the poor (or should I say abysmal) sales for this title. It's sad that it didn't do well, really liked the MCs in this one.

I watched this anime on anime on demand a good while ago and really like the music and the whole out there plot. It all boil down to different fetish round items that make the user want to kill. The ending was like nyan koi where it hints at season 2 stuff gonna go down but you know both those titles don't get season 2. Its good news that they will end it with a final chapter and not just drop it unfinished
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2