• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Vocaloid Producer Shiina Mota Passes Away at 20

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
XerneasYveltal

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
That was a bit of a whammy finding out that he died at a young age.

Condolences to him and his family and friends.
anddo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
To think that that he was the same age as me... I've had a short life after all. Rest in peace to this respectable musician.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Blue21 wrote:
20?!?!?! What happened?! So sad! Crying or Very sad

Exactly what I was coming to say. At 20, what could have happened?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Eldritcho

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:19 pm Reply with quote
Not really a Vocaloid fan, but it's always sad to hear when someone dies this young. Condolences to his friends and family.
shiranehito

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:29 pm Reply with quote
Good lord, twenty is too young! What the heck happened!?
But even so, he had already produced so many songs, my favorite being Strobe Last.

I don't know what the cause of the death, but when it's unspecified, it's usually because of reasons we all better not to know. So it's not uncommon to think that he probably... committed suicide. What's more, he posted his last song at 23 July, "Please Give Me a Red Pen" before his death.

His last tweet roughly translates to "Because (I) became an adult, (I) lost my charm, they said. It seems (I) can't become an adult."

But let's not jump to conclusions despite of whatever.
Araki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Seska1973 wrote:
Please do not ask, how he died. This is not the right way to do it. That is a really delicate thing

Let's not be hypocrites here, he was only 20. It's perfectly natural to think 'why?".
Korogoro

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:51 pm Reply with quote
ohh my God I feel dizzy I'm going to faint this can't be possible.
I loved this guy, I loved him, this has to be a joke. I am such a big fan of Shiina Mota I've been his fan for so many years, this can't be happening, please don't tell me he really killed himself.
tsunamiking

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:58 pm Reply with quote
if you're like me, that means you don't like vocaloids and there music, some may even say that there killing music, but me I don't care. twenty is just way to young, to put this into prospective he's not even legal drinking age in America. Sad
KENZICHI

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:02 pm Reply with quote
shiranehito wrote:

I don't know what the cause of the death, but when it's unspecified, it's usually because of reasons we all better not to know. So it's not uncommon to think that he probably... committed suicide. What's more, he posted his last song at 23 July, "Please Give Me a Red Pen" before his death.

His last tweet roughly translates to "Because (I) became an adult, (I) lost my charm, they said. It seems (I) can't become an adult."

Thanks for the links. It's nice to see so many kind messages on the video about his passing. His last tweet really makes me uncomfortable though. It really does sound like a goodbye. If he did commit suicide it is quite a shame. Either way he was far too young to leave this world.
Leahi84

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:48 am Reply with quote
This is terrible, he's one of my favorite producers. Sad RIP
Nosehair

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:54 pm Reply with quote
thats too sad. i feel him. i guess nobody was there to help him in his darkest hour. usually when its suicide the cause of death remains hidden. to be young, there is a burden that comes with it that most take for granted. i have been in his shoes, but i stepped out at the last second.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:06 pm Reply with quote
I am 20 too. Too young Sad

In spite that I don't like Vocaloid, condolences for his close ones, friends, family and fans.

R.I.P.
YotaruVegeta

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:31 am Reply with quote
KENZICHI wrote:
shiranehito wrote:

Thanks for the links. It's nice to see so many kind messages on the video about his passing. His last tweet really makes me uncomfortable though. It really does sound like a goodbye. If he did commit suicide it is quite a shame. Either way he was far too young to leave this world.

We're all better off not knowing how any person died, but we know of all these Japanese personalities who died of various cancers, or who were very sick. I think that it's not that we shouldn't know, it's that they probably didn't determine cause of death yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2