• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Psycho-Pass XBox One Game Offered in English in Hong Kong

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:06 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
It's Japanese-type loyalty. They've released stuff for the Xbox before, so their people are familiar. In Japanese business, often familiarity trumps financial minds - same reason Japanese companies prefer to work with Sony than with foreigners.

I called the Xbox One "the go-to Japanese game console." Sarcastic response to the above posts disappointment. lol

Regarding your comment though, the 360 is a console that actually got Japanese games...at a time(even more than PS3 thanks to Sony screwing up last gen, then recovering late, but the damage was already done). The Xbox One is a different console and definitely worst than its predecessor in terms of support. Its clear 5pb. has been cool with 500 - 5000 first week sales(excluding rarities like Steins;Gate in 2011, but even that is a what if) with no legs afterwards for years while they prosper on other consoles. I would like to believe that Japanese companies(gaming) work with Sony(a Japanese company) is due to not only the partnership holding more weight than the aforementioned foreign console, they also prosper from it. Though, we dont know what the future holds. Until then 5pb. gonna 5pb. lol
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:23 am Reply with quote
Psycho-pass is not on the ban list?

english in hong kong?

they think more english speakers there or something?

most peopel have english names.. but often don't speak english..
Yu Ominae

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:17 am Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
Psycho-pass is not on the ban list?

english in hong kong?

they think more english speakers there or something?

most peopel have english names.. but often don't speak english..

You're not aware that in Hong Kong, English is a working language aside from Cantonese?

They will speak English (in urban areas) if you tell them that you can only speak English.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:

This is for China - China has bought more XB1s in a week than Japan has in a year.

I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to how the game and other visual novels start out with Xbox exclusivity in order to try and be more successful in the Japanese market.
Kreion

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:30 pm Reply with quote
AsherFischell wrote:
enurtsol wrote:

This is for China - China has bought more XB1s in a week than Japan has in a year.

I wasn't referring to that. I was referring to how the game and other visual novels start out with Xbox exclusivity in order to try and be more successful in the Japanese market.

Honestly it has little to do with the Japanese market - that's a plus sure but MS probably care more about the western market who want Japanese products. The Japanese have shown they don't care how much MS try, they are not interested - but Sony has shown that westerners do care about Japanese games so...that's why.

Also, the kinect actually seems like it could be fun with visual novels and Japanese developers do often like new gimmicks and stuff~
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2