• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Heroic Legend of Arslan (TV).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:13 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
We find out Silvermask and his real name known as Hermes. However, I would have to say that the skill difference between him and Arslan is quite a bit just after seeing them fight.

That's the understatement of the year. Smile He fought off Narsus and Daryun simultaneously, twice, and this time had two other highly skilled fighters and an army to contend with on the side.

But we knew who he was several episodes ago when he told the King. I was surprised neither Narsus nor Daryun had figured it out by now, since they've both seen him unmasked, but I guess neither had ever seen him before?

So I guess "Chapter of Reminiscence" is the new euphemism for recap.
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:15 am Reply with quote
I hope this goes on for more than 2 cour. spoiler[It is only at the point during the 2nd OVA right now. The third starts when Arslan already has defeated the Shindra forces. I would hate to see the story be condensed too much.] Also from just watching the OVAs: spoiler[Etoile is an (obvious) girl in the OVAs, I wonder if the TV series version is going to keep with that and end up revealing Etoile as a girl later (Etoile's seiyuu is a woman after all).] [/spoiler]
Sobe

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:33 am Reply with quote
xifeng.hu wrote:
I hope this goes on for more than 2 cour.

Me too. It's the one and only anime I can't wait for the episodes to pile up so I can binge watch. I have to see the most recent episode ASAP even though that breaks my habits and the way I like to watch anime. The dubs and the subs are well done in my opinion. Daryun's and Arslan's voice actors for both dubs and subs match very well in voice and character.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:14 am Reply with quote
Episode 14:

Interesting...
Well, I like the previous OP theme song better than the previous but the new one is alright too I guess.

Nice buildup episode with balance. The negotiation part is interesting but I'm not sure that new guy is entirely trustworthy. Also curious to see what Silver Mask's role will be in the second half of the season.[/b]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I don't know why this show has such a hard time finding OP songs that fit the mood of the series. And the new ED would have made a better OP, animation included. It's much too dynamic for a closer.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 15:

Sigh, Narsus is right. Arslan has gone soft. Sparing a traitor and letting him get away...well, just hope he won't regret that decision later.

Regarding the episode, it was nice. We get some action on the front-lines and also a good moment after the ED song between Arslan and Daryun. Good way to present a war story. Sindhura is an important setting and I think this show does a good job to bring that into prominence.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:52 am Reply with quote
No wonder Arlsan was crying at the ending, he had a falcon digging its talons into his shoulder.
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:48 pm Reply with quote
I like the first season opening and ending theme much more than the second. Sad 25 episodes really isn't enough but I'll enjoy it while it lasts. Hopefully we'll get more because I really want to see more than just the beginning of Arslan becoming king.

And hopefully we'll get to see some more magic on the off chance it'll be used to aid Arslan's party instead of hinder them.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:51 am Reply with quote
Episode 16:

Twas awesome, exactly like the war I had expected. The battle had strategy thanks to Narsus and Arslan. Using those traps and steel spears against the war elephants was brilliant. And that sealed a victory this time for Parsian. This almost reminds me a bit of a game I used to play..maybe Age of Empires.

I'm hyped for the upcoming duel for the Gods though especially with that request at the end.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:03 am Reply with quote
Did a horse just jump onto the back of a giant elephant, followed up with the man on the back defending himself from Daryun while pulling a fallen man up onto the horse, and then the jumped off?
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Did a horse just jump onto the back of a giant elephant, followed up with the man on the back defending himself from Daryun while pulling a fallen man up onto the horse, and then the jumped off?

Yes, it did; now lets all go back to beginning of this thread to re-read how everyone was piling up against me for pointing various insulting (and unnecessary) absurdity of this anime. Laughing

Since then authors at least learned the fact that falcons land on protected forearm, not on unprotected upper arm. Smile

After all those episodes, I am still not convinced that there was a need to come up with thinly veiled pseudo history "fantasy" here. It would probably be more interesting to have real history visualized, because this story is just a wildly distorted collection of parts and pieces of real history anyway -- there is very little-to-no original art and imagination in the setting, it almost looks like a plagiarism (even though this concept is obviously not quite applicable).
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:53 am Reply with quote
Episode 17:

Imo, that was a good fight, glad to see Daryun emerge victorious tbh despite initially struggling a bit against that savage beast. And not only that, this episode earned me the respect from Jaswant. Too bad the episode had to end in a tragic ending because of Gadevi though....

Still, a good episode and this one really put Gadevi to his place.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Episode 18:

Finally, it's about time Gadevi paid and imo, his end was fitting at the claws of a falcon.

Jaswant is also becoming one of my favorite characters in the show for his courage and loyalty. Glad to see him join Arslan's group. Narsus also proves once again that he is a brilliant tactician by the way he reversed the ambush.

Next week should be interesting with spoiler[Silvermask's return based on the PV.]
Sobe

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
That ArslYrun or DarSlan or Arslan x Daryun. Twisted Evil MORE PLEASE!
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 9:47 am Reply with quote
Episode 19:

Well that was an interesting episode.

I'm glad to see more of Silvermask again in the story.
Hermes' move to make an army is quite interesting though. And this episode also builds up more into the war.

"Arslan the Liberator"? Hmm....
Well the war on Lusitanians have begun! I'm curious to see the fate of Bodin as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 9 of 13