• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Monster Musume (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cam0

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:53 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
If you leave it in too long, it will eventually get digested.

*grins* Well slime girls... not my thing anyway.

ChibiKangaroo wrote:
Somehow I doubt the people behind this concept have carefully thought through these kinds of things. The sole purpose of this thing seems to be how many different fetishy girls can they cram into this guy's house and have a fantasy of him having sex with. What happens after that sex probably is irrelevant ;0

My comments were mostly made in jest. The picture Vaisaga provided did surprise me though. I like that they are explaining a lot about the girls, like Miia's panties or how Cerea keeps herself clean (even where Cerea's private parts are located Smile Though maybe it was obvious.) . I'm at least interested in learning about the different species, their living habitats and how they reproduce. I'd appreciate if they explained them in the show and not have those text blocks at the end of an episode, but they explain more than I would have expected out of this show.
dtm42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:00 pm Reply with quote
Best part of the episode was Miia and Cerea imagining what it would be like to be married and have a child with Darling-kun. Someone actually put a lot of effort into those shots even though they weren't on screen very long.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:07 pm Reply with quote
Cam0 wrote:
The picture Vaisaga provided did surprise me though.

Heh, keep in mind that the prototype for this series was a hentai, so any dirty jokes you make likely has an appropriate image.

The original comics are cute and amusing even if they don't work for you as fap material.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:38 pm Reply with quote
For those who have suggested that Cerea's boobs are an appropriate size because she is mostly horse and has a greater body mass:

The boobs are supported by a normal pair of human shoulders. She should have the upper body of a weight lifter to support that weight. Also real horses manage to feed their young without large boobs. This is just a case of anime boobs.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
For those who have suggested that Cerea's boobs are an appropriate size because she is mostly horse and has a greater body mass:

The boobs are supported by a normal pair of human shoulders. She should have the upper body of a weight lifter to support that weight. Also real horses manage to feed their young without large boobs. This is just a case of anime boobs.

So would a mother centaur hold its child in its arms to feed, or would it mostly stand on its own to get milk? I do not properly get proportion for it, but would a baby centaur be a bit too heavy to hold? Compared to a horse the mammary glands are up higher compared to a horse's. Maybe they go half way so that a centaur sits to make it easier, maybe the large size then helps?

Important questions.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Since a human's torso duplicates much of the horse body, I suspect you could go mad trying to figure out how everything works.

For the record a new born colt can easily reach the belly of a full grown horse. Ad the human torso to that and the child could likely reach the human boobs as necessary. Since Cerea's stick straight out, I don't see the size being a help in reaching the child.

I still don't think there is any need for that size except for the preference of the character designer.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Since a human's torso duplicates much of the horse body, I suspect you could go mad trying to figure out how everything works.

Someone explain to me why, in the bath scene, Cerea was covering where her pubic area would be if she were a human? I doubt that is where her genitalia are.

It must be rough to have so much of your body out of the reach of your hands.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quote
my guess is she's just embarrassed and is trying to hide as much of her front as possible. should have picked a bigger towel
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:53 am Reply with quote
Keep in mind that all of Cerea's human body from the neck down is a duplication of the same organs in the horse body. It is not beyond reason that she has two sets of genitalia. For different situations depending on who (or what) she having sex with. Note that her "dress" covers the entire horse body, not just the area of the supposed genitalia.

Like I said, trying to figure out this can drive you mad. Fun though.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 am Reply with quote
Alan45 wrote:
Keep in mind that all of Cerea's human body from the neck down is a duplication of the same organs in the horse body. It is not beyond reason that she has two sets of genitalia. For different situations depending on who (or what) she having sex with. Note that her "dress" covers the entire horse body, not just the area of the supposed genitalia.

Like I said, trying to figure out this can drive you mad. Fun though.

So does that mean male centaur have....?
Oh my the testosterone, I guess that would explain what that end card meant about them.
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5:

Lol funny episode thanks to Suu. When she gets thirsty, you know lewd things will happen Laughing

And we also get Mero's introduction. I think the classic mermaid fairy tale cliche used her might work. Based on her personality, it looks like she is a serious contender for darling!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:20 pm Reply with quote
After years of Disney-fictation it's easy to forget how the real story of the little mermaid ends.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:23 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

Perhaps I was too much into what Miia was thinking, but I kept worrying that Mero might fit the seductive Mermaid stories, that she might have used the same trick on Centorea. But maybe she just has crazy ideas of tragedy.

Can't remember if we heard earlier that Miia has a weakness to cold temperatures. Next episode sounds interesting with the topic.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 5:08 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Can't remember if we heard earlier that Miia has a weakness to cold temperatures.

She's cold blooded so that's kind of a given.
Alan45
Village Elder

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:30 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Quote:
Can't remember if we heard earlier that Miia has a weakness to cold temperatures.

I think in the first episode she gave that as an excuse for completely wrapping around the MC. In any case, yeah she gets torpid in low temperatures just like most snakes.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10