• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid- TV Anime's 1st Promo Video Previews Voice Cast

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:37 pm Reply with quote
javierm885778 wrote:
I find it hilarious that on the profiles besides their weight they show their breasts' weights.

After that I had to go back and look. The clearly over-endowed Lady J weighs 68kg, but has 10kg of that in her breasts.

I wonder how many characters like this we would see if the character designer had to spend a week with 22 pounds of weight strapped to the front of their chest.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Nipples very well confirmed from the getchu page. I'm excited for this because it's ARMS and Kaneko, that man knows what's good.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Of all the characters of Valkyrie Drive, Lady J really stands out with her incredibly huge bust size.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:11 am Reply with quote
I'll only check it out if Funimation gets it so Funi please don't disappoint because I'm really interested in checking this show out. Wink
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:12 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I'll only check it out if Funimation gets it so Funi please don't disappoint because I'm really interested in checking this show out.

If they did get it, their broadcast would be censored. This is one of those shows that watching censored would defeat the purpose because it's definitely not going to intrigue you with any depth of story of character.
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:29 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I'll only check it out if Funimation gets it so Funi please don't disappoint because I'm really interested in checking this show out.

If they did get it, their broadcast would be censored. This is one of those shows that watching censored would defeat the purpose because it's definitely not going to intrigue you with any depth of story of character.
Yeah I know but I'm a Funimation only subscriber I can't afford both them and crunchy roll premium on my pay roll. Besides if Funimation gets it they might simudub it and they're also release this eventually on home video unedited so if this show is pretty good I'll buy it Cool
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:54 am Reply with quote
So I guessing Lady J's name is in reference to her bust size? (even though she's an N).
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote
All I hope that this series lives up to its "all-girl, legit-yuri fanservice action" premise and not spoil this with uncomfortable elements (I'm looking at you, certain Sunrise mecha show).
Hellsoldier

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:50 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
All I hope that this series lives up to its "all-girl, legit-yuri fanservice action" premise and not spoil this with uncomfortable elements (I'm looking at you, certain Sunrise mecha show).

I guess that one won't leave our collective consciousness for years to come.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:09 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:

I'm guess those uncomfortable elements were nippleless boobs, they really dropped the ball there. spoiler[Also I guess implied sexual violence, but who's counting.]
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:31 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Rederoin wrote:
Hikarunu wrote:
urghh nipple-less boobs

I don't think youtube allows nipples to be shown.

I've seen plenty of nipples on youtube. They weren't recent uploads either.

If it had nipples, youtube will remove it if it's flagged because they generally don't allow it, unless they are partner videos or anyone with producer status in which case they'll age-gate it to 18+ which places restrictions (requires login, not publicly linked for recommendations). But that's only if the nudity is considered "artistic" or part of a documentary.

Anything considered offensive will still be removed. Several ANN embedded videos were removed in the past and so were the Issho ni Training: Training with Hinako videos.

Anyways, the BDs will have the nudity for sure but we don't know yet if AT-X will or not.
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Given how horrible the trailer was (in terms of the clips chosen and how poorly it felt complied) and how iffy the animation looks, I'm not exactly sure how much effort is being placed into or how seriously the producers are taking Valkyrie Drive -Mermaid-. I remember this slightly derpy grin passing for a seductive smile that was in the first trailer that led me to believe that it was just a momentary hiccup. I don't know about that now…

Also, I would be really shocked if FUNimation doesn't get this. It's almost too much "them". Then again, they didn't get CROSS ANGE, either…
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2