• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Live-Action Attack on Titan Cast Get Fashion Mag Shoot

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shirohae

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:28 pm Reply with quote
omg they are cute Embarassed Razz
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:56 pm Reply with quote
That first image is photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels, & the fact that her right hip is about a foot away from her pelvis. I like that the photo editor just drew a black square in to try & cover that up, though. A+ for effort.
Lostlorn Forest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
That first image is photoshopped. I can tell by the pixels, & the fact that her right hip is about a foot away from her pelvis. I like that the photo editor just drew a black square in to try & cover that up, though. A+ for effort.

I guess foreign editors are less convincing than those in Europe or the United States.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Ms. Mizuhara-san looks beautifully epic! Smile
hyojodoji

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Carlos Cadorniga wrote:
Quote:
Mizuhara went on to discuss the film itself. "[The movie] might be little different than the manga, but it's as exciting as riding a roller coaster!"

...[Via Anime Anime]

Anime! Anime! says:
Quote:
本作の見どころについては、「読者からすると縁遠いジャンルかもしれないけど、ジェットコースターに乗ったと思って見ていただければ、本当にすごい世界にお連れします」と水原さんがアピール。

http://animeanime.jp/article/2015/07/28/24289.html

Actually, in the 'ジェットコースター roller coaster' comment, what Mizuhara said is:

The relationship between the readers of 25ans and the genre which the Attack on Titan movie belongs to may be distant, but if you regard seeing the movie as riding a roller coaster and see the movie, we will bring you to a really exciting world.

'読者 (readers)' in question in the comment is the readers of the magazine 25ans. Not the reader of the manga.
The readers of 25ans are mainly 'refined' young women who belong to relatively rich families (and lower-middle-class young women who hanker after the up-market life-style). The publishing firm is the descendant of the Fujin Gahō-sha.
So, it can be easily conjectured that the readers of 25ans tend to dislike or have little or no interest in the movie, which belongs to the childish uncool nerdy subculture and also has violence.
Since Mizuhara knew this thing, she said, 'The relationship between the readers of 25ans and the genre which the Attack on Titan movie belongs to may be distant.' And since she still had to say something positive about the movie in terms of recommending it to the readers of the magazine, she said the 'roller coaster' thing, which seems to be a platitude as rather a desperate measure taken under the pressure of necessity.

hyojodoji

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:22 pm Reply with quote
hyojodoji wrote:
Carlos Cadorniga wrote:
Quote:
Mizuhara went on to discuss the film itself. "[The movie] might be little different than the manga, but it's as exciting as riding a roller coaster!"

...[Via Anime Anime]

Anime! Anime! says:
Quote:
本作の見どころについては、「読者からすると縁遠いジャンルかもしれないけど、ジェットコースターに乗ったと思って見ていただければ、本当にすごい世界にお連れします」と水原さんがアピール。

http://animeanime.jp/article/2015/07/28/24289.html

Actually, in the 'ジェットコースター roller coaster' comment, what Mizuhara said is:

The relationship between the readers of 25ans and the genre which the Attack on Titan movie belongs to may be distant, but if you regard seeing the movie as riding a roller coaster and see the movie, we will bring you to a really exciting world.

'読者 (readers)' in question in the comment is the readers of the magazine 25ans. Not the reader of the manga.

In fact, in the interview in question in the September issue of the 25ans magazine, Mizuhara clearly said, '25ans読者[readers of 25ans]からすると縁遠いジャンルかもしれないけど、ジェットコースターに乗ったと思って見ていただければ、本当にすごい世界にお連れします。'
So, '[The movie] might be little different than the manga,' is a mistranslation.
How about buying the magazine and seeing it with your own eyes, Mr Cadorniga?

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1