• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Adding several items at once...

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zaphdash

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 3:01 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it's at all practical to attempt to change the submission format at this point, but I think it'd be great if you could add several related items to the encyclopedia at once. Say, up to five or ten voice actors, or five or ten staff members, or doing both the start and end dates of a series, or all of its alternate names all at once. Personally I think it'd make things go a lot faster when you're submitting. But, like I said, I don't know how much effort it would take to make a change to the format at this point. If it'll waste more time than it'll save, then it's not really worth doing. Still, just a suggestion.
Dan42
Chief Encyclopedist

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2002 11:18 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I know, that would be a lot more practical. Actually, adding credits already works that way for staff. The only problem: it's a LOT easier to make mistakes that way. When you're adding 30 cast members at the same time and some of them have warning messages, it's too easy to add the cast without even reading the warnings. So I'm working on a way to make this input method less error-prone. This is very near the top of my To Do list.

But as for adding information like titles or dates, that's pretty much impossible.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1