• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New IMDb Top 250 TV, with Anime included.

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mazenko

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:44 pm Reply with quote
Recently IMDb has released a beta version of a list with the Top 250 TV shows of all time, according to the website users.

Plenty of well-kown titles are present on the chart, with shows like Band of Brothers, Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones on the top spots. Even animation is included (Avatar, Batman Animated Series, The Simpsons, South Park, etc...) and surprisingly a share amount of anime is visible as well. So here are all the anime shows present on IMDb with its correspondant place on the list:

Cowboy Bebop#25
Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood#29
Death Note#33
Dragon Ball Z(#46 English version & #49 Japanese version)
Attack on Titan#56
One Piece#60
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2#61
Hunter × Hunter (2011)#64
Dragon Ball(#75 Japanese version & #83 English version)
Steins;Gate#80
Dragon Ball Z Kai#88
Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion#93
Berserk#94
Fullmetal Alchemist#107
Samurai Champloo#119
Yu Yu Hakusho#127
Monster#128
Neon Genesis Evangelion#132
Rurouni Kenshin#133
Mushishi#155
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex#160
Hellsing Ultimate#178
Gurren Lagann#201
Trigun#204
FLCL#235

You can check these titles and others from different genres on this link: http://www.imdb.com/chart/toptv?ref_=hm_nf_ttv_lk1
Jose Cruz

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:47 pm Reply with quote
So that's basically a list of TV anime that's popular with American teenagers. Nice to read what I already knew.

I did a far superior top anime list using favorites from experience fans only a few months ago. You can check it out in the top 10 anime thread.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mazenko

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Jose Cruz wrote:
So that's basically a list of TV anime that's popular with American teenagers. Nice to read what I already knew.

I did a far superior top anime list using favorites from experience fans only a few months ago. You can check it out in the top 10 anime thread.

I'm sure IMDb can't please everybody, but you are right. This is a chart based purely on measurements of popularity. Most of common western audiences have a certain amount of appreciation when it comes to anime, I guess.
Night fox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:33 pm Reply with quote
Heh, according to IMDB, Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are supposedly among the 100 best TV series ever made. They're not even ranked among the top 1500 anime here on ANN though... Laughing

And what the hell is Hellsing Ultimate doing on this list!? I just watched that testosteron saturated gorefest and it already haunts me. *runs away screaming*
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1