• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Makafusigi or Seraphim Comics

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tyciol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
I noticed of the list of books at animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-02-11/christopher-handley-sentenced-to-6-months-for-obscene-manga that 4 of 7 are written by this author and published under this label.

Does anyone know if either were informed of the case and it's progress or if either had made any comments about it?

I do not recall having read them but would be interested in reading a synopsis of the stories and perhaps seeing any clean non-hentai portions of the artwork if ever samples were provided by someone from a country where it was legal to obtain for the purpose of making such excerpts.

In this way it might be possible to form opinions regarding their artistic merits and compare them to other works without risking the legal consequences that might occur from consuming the entire uncensored work.
Saffire

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:01 pm Reply with quote
As far as I'm aware, neither ever commented on the issue, but there is a link in your link to when Handley pled guilty which has yet more links to various comments from other people.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1