• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Cyber City

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:53 am Reply with quote
I'm interested in many of these games, however the Guilty Gear Xrd.2 I have my four candidates:

*Bridget: Is super popular in Japan.
*Dizzy: One of the strong candidates, especially her role.
*Baiken: She was since the first game and I know she's super popular.
*Testament: Sup, he was also in the first game.
Extra one
*Anji: He's the only one missing of the X cast.

And I'm also interested in PXZ2 too albeit the roster has only surprised me a few times.
Klonoa1545

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quote
This is a tree! Cats are good! You go home!

And for good measure, how many times do I have to tell you? Your Prince of Space references have no effect on me!
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:57 pm Reply with quote
I did that Konami survey last week and gave them a game recommendation of Tokimeki Memorial with 2 or 3 different gameplay features I wanted in the game however I forgot to say to put the game on a console or handheld oops then again it was 1:30 AM when I took the survey.
R. Kasahara

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Funnily enough, I recently beat a game where Nobunaga is a demon lord, and am now almost done with the one where he's a Pokemon Trainer.

And I asked for more Bemani in the Konami survey, and Bemani on PC specifically. Don't think it'll ever happen, but...
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:10 pm Reply with quote
I clearly remember reading that zany Super Mario Adventures comic with Peach being bomb-crazy and Luigi wearing her dress since they swapped costumes. Guess that's the closest thing to a Mario manga we ever got here.

Konami Survey: I did that survey a few days ago just to show which series I want to see brought back (hint hint: Ganbare Goemon and Suikoden are among them), but as Todd put it:

Quote:
For that matter, it's possible that Konami will ignore just about everything on this list and make more Yu-Gi-Oh! and the occasional Metal Gear Solid game.

I'm pretty sure our words and opinions as gamers are empty, meaningless vacuums to Konami. I'm not sure why they even bothered with this survey, honestly. They'll likely ignore the results.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: This is the Digimon game we've wanted for the longest time, not that mediocre Smash Bros. poser game. Mixing my love of Digimon with the art style of my favorite mangaka for the human characters is seriously a match made in heaven. I can't wait to play this, except my only problem is I don't have a PS4 or a Vita yet.

Project X Zone 2: This is definitely going to be the highlight purchase for my 3DS. I simply have nothing else to say at this point other than, "Day one purchase!" I can't say I'm too thrilled about the release date being early next year, but it can't be helped.

Quote:
It's understandable why major villains wouldn't be recruited, but the demo also showed Street Fighter's Juri as a foe yet again, and that struck me as a waste. Street Fighter never pitched Juri as a boss; a ne'er-do-well she is, but the cast is full of those.

Todd, you do realize Juri joined the team in the previous game, right Juri had no qualms about helping out Chun-Li and everyone so she could take out Seth and keep the Feng Shui engine for herself. When you consider Jin is just as villainous as his father and grandfather when it comes to running the Mishima Zaibatsu, he has more of a reason to be fighting the party than helping them. Juri is practically a saint in comparison.

Last edited by belvadeer on Wed Dec 02, 2015 12:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:18 pm Reply with quote
No matter what, as far as random characters go, they won't top Bru...oh hell, let's call him who he was, John "Yippie Kai Yay Motherf***er" McClain. No one present tops that randomness.
CaRoss

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:55 pm Reply with quote
Metal Gear Solid V has been a long time coming and I'm so pumped for its release. Kojima's final game in the franchise is sounding like a real masterpiece and I cannot wait to get my hands on it. Ground Zeroes was fun, and the full MGSV sounds so much better.

Other than that, I'm also glad that Cyber Sleuth is launching here. The game has a lot going for it, especially as I'm tired of Pokemon's creatures but quite enjoy the creature training gameplay. It's also got some great cyber-environment designs; I've been watching some gameplay videos and they look really good.

Also, the new Danganronpa sounds like it could be fun, but I would have rather had a proper sequel to Super Danganronpa 2. The second game left a lot hanging that could lead to some interesting directions for the series to continue in.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:14 pm Reply with quote
CaRoss wrote:
The second game left a lot hanging that could lead to some interesting directions for the series to continue in.

Yeah in supplementary material.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:55 pm Reply with quote
I am so excited for PXZ2. I hope Bayonetta and Jeanne appear...

Also I wonder if Yoko Takahashi will return to do the theme song?
IanC

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm totally ignoring all the Phantom Pain reviews online, since they had to review it in 8 hour long "shifts" with Konami officials looking over them and the games ending wasn't even on the discs. How can anyone trust the 10/10s under those circumstances?
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 8:09 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:
I'm totally ignoring all the Phantom Pain reviews online, since they had to review it in 8 hour long "shifts" with Konami officials looking over them and the games ending wasn't even on the discs. How can anyone trust the 10/10s under those circumstances?

The game's ending isn't on the review copies.....oh the humanity.....also since no one else has done it.

CYBER CITY BITCH, CYBER CITY BITCH Rolling Eyes
48 Rices

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:16 pm Reply with quote
[quote="BadNewsBlues"]
IanC wrote:

CYBER CITY BITCH, CYBER CITY BITCH Rolling Eyes

Now that's what Brockmon might have said if there's actually one in the game Very Happy
Fatt_One

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
IanC wrote:

This is only the case for those that went to the bootcamp.
Kotaku for instance is reviewing a retail copy given to them after the bootcamp.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1