• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ao no Kanata no Four Rhythm TV Anime to Debut in Winter 2016

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:46 am Reply with quote
Finally an announcement for the season premiere. Not a fan of Gonzo but let's see what they can do.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Niyari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:30 am Reply with quote
well even though it's gonzo i think the series will be fine since it's sprite/fairys we're talking about. everything they do usually has really good production values. it'll be hard to top the quality of koichoco though.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:52 am Reply with quote
"Gonzo animates series based on adult game of girls competing in dogfight races with anti-gravity tech"

....... what?
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:40 am Reply with quote
They say adult game, but the VN has very limited sexual content, and the same is true for Love, election, and chocolate. It was released last year, and it apparently is well received by the community. LEC was made by AIC, so I am looking forward to what Gonzo can do to this series. They have done some fanservicey shows in the past, and they do them well.
Ali07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:47 pm Reply with quote
Hmm, main scenario writer worked on Grisaia. Makes me wonder if I want to see another harem anime that won't have a winner...Laughing
LiteMangime

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:40 pm Reply with quote
Noob question I would like answered, why is it some people don't agree with Gonzo?
Silver4000

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:45 am Reply with quote
Great, I was interested in the VN but wasn't able to play it.
kevinx59

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 4:20 am Reply with quote
LiteMangime wrote:
Noob question I would like answered, why is it some people don't agree with Gonzo?
I guess it's stuff like adaptation changes, budget issues, animation issues (due to aforementioned budget I assume), some of their series having weak endings, heavy use of CGI (even though they used to garner acclaim because of their CGI). I never had a problem with them though, so it surprises me why people hate them so much. I don't see people talking with this much hate about other studios like Pierrot, TMS or A-1. Well, Gonzo did animate one of my favorite anime series so there's no way I can hate them. But in any case I was not expecting them to animate this series. The story sounds interesting and I love the character designs. I'm definitely keeping my eye on this one.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote
So, it's kind of like Sky Wizards Academy but the eroge-based version.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:30 am Reply with quote
It took over a year, but at last new information is available.

Kadmos1 wrote:
So, it's kind of like Sky Wizards Academy but the eroge-based version.

I somewhat got that impression as well. From what I can tell from the synopsis, it will be leaning towards the regular harem tropes, but if the story can present it well enough, the hook of a new sport (anti-graviton race? So a footrace in the air?) might be good enough to keep the audience from leaving. The ones that are tired from the ever-increasing "high-school boy is loner -> meets pretty girl, and another, and another -> cue dramatic past -> he solves all their problems" setting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1