• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Spice and Wolf Manga's Final Arc Starts in 13th Volume

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeFlyz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 6:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Does anyone know which volumes of the novel the manga adapts after the second arc?

Well Vol. 1-3 of the manga covers Vol. 1 of the LN. Vol. 4-6 covers Vol. 2 of the LN. Vol. 7 and part of 8 covers Vol. 4 of the LN. Vol. 8 covers Vol. 6 of the LN. And finally Vol. 9-11 Covers Vol. 8-9 of the LN. If they are saying that Vol. 13 of the manga will be the "Final" arc, then that means they are skipping Vol. 10, 12 and 14 of the LN, which is extremely disappointing. In all honesty, they shouldn't have skipped any LN in the Manga adaptation. It would have made the manga last longer and would have made more money.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:44 am Reply with quote
The thing that I like most about the series is the fact Holo and Lawrence have such a strong relationship. If this was a harem, it would be a plus since the male protagonist in harems is often undecided for which girl he wants.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
If this was a harem, it would be a plus since the male protagonist in harems is often undecided for which girl he wants.

That'd be a minus in my book. I don't enjoy the harem protag that can't make a decision.

AnimeFlyz wrote:
If they are saying that Vol. 13 of the manga will be the "Final" arc, then that means they are skipping Vol. 10, 12 and 14 of the LN, which is extremely disappointing.

Well, to be fair, it says that it is the start of the final arc. So, we could still have another couple of volumes of the manga to go.

This wouldn't be the first (or last) manga to have a final arc that spans multiple volumes.

In saying that, as you mentioned, it does seem like they would skip some events from the novels. Personally, I wouldn't mind that, but only if the manga reaches the end point of the novels.

If it does, I'll probably end up getting the manga, alongside the novels, as I did with the Haruhi series. Laughing
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:50 am Reply with quote
That's often the point of harems: Having cute to sexy girls living with you and you still can't decide who you want to be with.
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:39 am Reply with quote
Yes, and they're the harems I don't like. MC comes off, to me, looking like an indecisive idiot when the series goes for the "harem ending".
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2