• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Ototachibana's Shōnen Maid Manga Gets Anime Adaptation

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:05 pm Reply with quote
A shoujo manga with "shounen" in it's name, how ironic.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:12 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Did you guys miss the part where it says an ELEMENTARY school kid is FORCED to dress up as a MAID for his UNCLE?

And not one comment that this is completely F'd up.

Well, I wouldn't say that it is "f'd up". Mainly because, we don't know the reason.

Some who have read the manga have said that he wasn't forced into wearing the maid-like clothing, so I still assume it is for comedic impact?

Alan45 wrote:
@Ali07

Your post didn't come off like that. wohdin seems to be responding to something you didn't say.

Well, I'll stick with my assumption then, that they had nothing to add aside from trying to start something.

Still wondering why he is a maid though. Laughing
Kai99

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:36 pm Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
Did you guys miss the part where it says an ELEMENTARY school kid is FORCED to dress up as a MAID for his UNCLE?

This right here.

When I read the premise, I knew that there was nothing innocent about it. Just type the manga in google and you will see how the manga ships the elementary school boy with his uncle.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:55 am Reply with quote
Kai99 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

This right here.

When I read the premise, I knew that there was nothing innocent about it. Just type the manga in google and you will see how the manga ships the elementary school boy with his uncle.

I mostly get shounen maid kuro-kun images.
So are you basing it off fanart or what?
Ali07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:03 am Reply with quote
Decided to do a Google Image search. In the first 40 or so images, the vast majority aren't from this series. And, the ones that are, are the covers, some images for the start of chapters, a manga page where the MC from this series is calling in sick and another where he's asking his uncle to be a taste tester.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:11 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:

So Rule 34 has already kicked-in?
Kai99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Kai99 wrote:
CrownKlown wrote:

This right here.

No, this.
http://m.mangahere.co/manga/koisuru_maid_shounen/v01/c002/29.html

I saw that too but there is a clear style difference between the two so it is easy to distinguish. Either way, the manga obviously ships the two together. I don't believe the pair will do anything obscene like actually have the two get together at the age that the boy is in, but it is clear that the relationship isn't being portrayed as platonic.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:55 pm Reply with quote
Kai99 wrote:

This right here.

So are you basing it off fanart or what?[/quote]

No, this.

I saw that too but there is a clear style difference between the two so it is easy to distinguish. Either way, the manga obviously ships the two together. I don't believe the pair will do anything obscene like actually have the two get together at the age that the boy is in, but it is clear that the relationship isn't being portrayed as platonic.[/quote]
If thats the only thing you're basing it of, you're clearly overreacting.
sontoloyo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:04 pm Reply with quote
@ Kai99
Lol...what?!....Those are from different manga, Koisuru Maid Shounen (a yaoi/BL manga by CJ Michalski), while this title is from Shonen Maid by Ototachibana (a fluffy, harmless, shojo SOL) ones just like what the article said. I know because I've already read all of the translated chapters and if you're actually look at the magazine where it's being published then it's also crystal clear that this isn't a BL series.
Kai99

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:22 pm Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Kai99 wrote:

This right here.

No, this.

I saw that too but there is a clear style difference between the two so it is easy to distinguish. Either way, the manga obviously ships the two together. I don't believe the pair will do anything obscene like actually have the two get together at the age that the boy is in, but it is clear that the relationship isn't being portrayed as platonic.[/quote]
If thats the only thing you're basing it of, you're clearly overreacting.[/quote]

Let me be clear. When I stated that it wasn't innocent, my point was not to say that this series is going to be raunchy, but that the relationship portrayed is not of a typical guardian/adopted son relationship, but one where there is subtle hints of the two liking each other more than that. While the manga would probably never go there and actually make the relationship canon, the author gives the readers plenty of situations where it is obvious that the two "deeply" care for one another. Pretty typical in anime/manga that isn't BL, but is made FOR the BL audience.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2