• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bikini Warriors (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:05 am Reply with quote
Episode 3

Yes! This series just keeps on tackling game tropes. This time was how all RPG heroes get money, by breaking into the homes of villagers, breaking pots for money, and finding convenient items in chests.

Must say I have felt guilty of doing it at times, and others where you just get fully used to going into all the houses and taking anything useful. Actually tried to abstain from NPC robbing recently
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:20 pm Reply with quote
This week's episode: side quests are bullshit. I'm sure we all have stories of quests we worked so hard to complete only for the reward to be something completely useless.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:17 pm Reply with quote
Satisfied with that ending, totally deserved on the mayor's part.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:24 pm Reply with quote
I usually enjoy sidequests, just a chance for more game. But it does get a bit silly when you are meant to be the hero saving the world and you are instead doing things like catching chickens. But being no reward I remember getting annoyed with before.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Item woes this week as the girls need to lighten their load to buy a staff they need. I too always tend to get a lot of Elixers because I never use them. "But what if I really need it later?" I'll always ask myself. I'd never sell them like the girls did, though.

Of course the biggest kicker is when you buy some really expensive gear in town, only to find the same or better for free in the dungeon. FML.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:27 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Item woes this week as the girls need to lighten their load to buy a staff they need. I too always tend to get a lot of Elixers because I never use them. "But what if I really need it later?" I'll always ask myself. I'd never sell them like the girls did, though.

Of course the biggest kicker is when you buy some really expensive gear in town, only to find the same or better for free in the dungeon. FML.

The woes of RPG gamers, hoard all the potions, never use them because you might need them later. You will probably end up never using a lot of those really cool items that would have been really useful. But on the upside the chance that all your conservation of healing items pays off, it is the best feeling. Yes using only cheaper alternative of healing items from the vending machine and taking so many trips for free healing finally paid off.

And you bet that as soon as you shell out to get the expensive equipment you will get something even better from a drop. Reach a new level and decide to spend my resources on making a full set of level appropriate armour, and then I get stuff better than I could make sell what I made for a pittance. And so much the games that give me the option to buy something when they give it to me anyway.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 8:40 pm Reply with quote
heh, i actually laughed at this one. I was just expecting some throwaway item to be in that chest
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Hm, this episode was pretty weak. Not sure what trope they were trying to parody. Silly convenient object placement?
Yttrbio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:39 pm Reply with quote
I generally like the jokes themselves, but somehow, even at 3 minutes, the show overstays its welcome on most of them.
Shikiari

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, this was probably the weakest episode by far. During the three minutes i had no idea which trope they were trying to make fun of and I still don't have a clue afterwards.

I found it strange that they were wearing equipment in some scenes but not others, especially when they were leading into each other... Who knows?
yuna49

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:08 pm Reply with quote
This episode would have made more sense had it followed episode three where the townspeople stripped our heroines of their gear and left them naked. I was expecting episode four to document their hunt for new clothing, but instead they got their gear back despite having no money.

Like others here I watch this for the RPG jokes as much as for the girls. (I mean, really, we've all seen dozens of absurdly busty, scantily-clad, and sometimes unclad, young women in anime at this point, right?) A whole show about how to place leaves and branches in strategic places just wasn't all that funny.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:44 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6

Yeah, not a very funny episode. The only joke seemed to be putting things to give the illusion of nudity, and one character enjoy a slime, hardly a joke on RPGs of the level of previous episodes. If it wanted us to keep guessing if they had clothes on the entire time, then they kind of ruined it by starting by showing us that they did. If they are interested in jokes in jokes of practically no clothes, I can think of the idea that players might often remove all clothes to find out what happens when they do. I can even think of one game that has a swimming set of armour, but it pretty much looks the same if you removed all their armour. Or even some games where some armour is skimpier than if you removed it.

The episode just felt like a non-joke, unless there is some cultural difference I am unaware of.
HaruhiToy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I just watched episodes 1-8.

There is a point to this. I just know there is.
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:35 am Reply with quote
Sure there is. It's being produced by Hobby Japan with the purpose of selling figurines and other character goods.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:16 pm Reply with quote
Poor Mage. Too good for this sinful earth.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3