• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Himouto! Umaru-chan (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Episode 4:

LOL....so we got UMR vs Sylphynford in video games although I find it more amusing that she didn't recognize UMR's true identity. The game play itself was also kinda funny with the reactions. I wonder what kind of reaction Sylphnford would get if she realized UMR and Umaru were the same person though.

Felt kinda bad for Ebina during the tennis match though. Is she good at anything?

Kirie on the other hand did quite well...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cam0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:26 pm Reply with quote
Damn, not enough Kirie this episode. It was a funny episode nonetheless. The nicknames of those other random competitors might have been references, but I didn't get them.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:03 pm Reply with quote
Well, SKH stands for Sankaku Head, who is the manga-ka of Umaru-chan.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:43 am Reply with quote
Episode 4

Oh god, the Pokémon bit practically had me rolling around in laughter. It was that it was reference to the game themselves with how she moved them and she added in sound effects/ the music, and what would be the text. She even painted the cat like Pikachu, and we got an 8-bit thing like in the OP. As a Pokémon game fan, it just hits a special point.

The jokes in this show actually feel like hits. Like that Syphynford girl going all out including with having an actual backdrop, she should be annoying but her excess energy makes her entertaining. I have seen enough Baby Steps to somewhat have an understanding of tennis, and how it went along with the teacher silent saying they were not playing right worked. Not since Lucky Star has employees taking an otaku high school so seriously. And the game tournament too.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Episode 5

I wonder if Kirie will ever accept Ebina as a friend...

Funny episode. Kirie also had a bit of her moment when she tasted a bit of "heaven" this week. Little does she know that her "master" is actually Umaru LOL
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:29 am Reply with quote
Master level onii-chan. She betrayed his trust in getting a game instead of some nice clothes, but then it would not be Umaru.

Seems that she has built an alliance with Syphynford.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Happy birthday to Umaru~

Funny episode especially with the way the brother discovered that she sneaked out in the middle of the night. Kirie's reactions as usual this episode was priceless to watch.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:40 am Reply with quote
Of course he would be angry waking up to find her disappeared. She too is very attached to her brother. The sibling relationship really is a reason to keep watching this. Dude probably need, and on that topic who it looked like his "wife" was in the game.

Kirie too, girl is awkward, but it is all the more reason want to help her.

Well as a night owl myself I can sympathise with some of Umaru's actions. But the worst kind of free time, one where you have it but then waste so much time of trying to think of some way to fill it.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

Lol, I wasn't a big fan of Takeshi in this series before but his reactions and chemistry with Taihei was funny. And this episode was also quite delicious too!

I should of watched this after eating lunch Confused
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 11:49 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7

Okay, Umaru was evil for making her brother think that he did something super wrong by her in throwing out the box. It was really her own fault, and her brother is a super nice guy that what he got for her should make it worth so much more.

Who would have guessed, Bomber is Kirie's older brother? Well I guess they both kind of have messy hair.

I like these relationships.
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Lol, it looks like Kanau definitely has a thing for Umaru's bro.

Funny episode with the holiday spirits. I wanted to see Umaru in a yutaka but having reindeer antlers as part of her chibi outfit was also cute.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8

I have been thinking that Taihei could really do with a girlfriend, and Kanau would be perfect. Only problem seems to be that she is a bit shy about it.

Who knew that Umaru can get along with Bomber.

And antlers were cute.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 4:46 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
I have been thinking that Taihei could really do with a girlfriend, and Kanau would be perfect. Only problem seems to be that she is a bit shy about it.

No way, man. Ebina is Taihei's waifu!
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:38 pm Reply with quote
Episode 9

Solid episode overall. It was funny in the way that Kirie tried to make sweets for UMU/Umaru. I wonder how it really tasted...

And there's some obvious attraction that Ebina has for Umaru's bro. Adorable.
Cam0

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:22 pm Reply with quote
I had very little expectations about this show, well to be blunt I expected this show to be crap. I was so wrong about this show. Every episode has at least a couple funny moments and I love every character in this show. Kirie is hilarious, Ebina's crush on Taihei is adorable and funny and Sylphy is... amusing. I like Sylphy, but I like her the least. I'm hoping we're going to get an episode or some short story about her relationship with her brother. The other characters, Kanou and Kirie's bro, are also hilarious. We haven't really seen much of Sylphy's brother Alex, but he seems likable.

Umaru acting like a spoiled brat is a joke that I never found to be funny. But I don't mind it, because I like the kind of relationship Umaru and Taihei have and it is a lot deeper than it seems on the surface.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4