• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[Done] Split: Makoto Koyama

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
braves

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:08 am Reply with quote
I haven't done one of these in a while:

Makoto Koyama needs to be split. There's the screenwriter and the CG artist who worked on Transformers.

Further, Makoto Oyama is an incorrect reading of the screenwriter's name.

Source: http://wakuwakunyc.com/guests/makoto-koyama.html and attending the panels he had with his father last weekend at Waku Waku NYC
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Merged and cleaned up
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:11 pm Reply with quote
The animator entry can be found here; links of father and son added as well.

octopodpie wrote:
Merged and cleaned up

I'm afraid that as "Oyama" being a legitimate family name, it would be better if kept as an independent entry, just in case one day a "Makoto Oyama" gets involved in the anime/manga business.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Wouldn't we be able to split it off if that happened with the Oyama name or does the system not allow that yet?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:56 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:
Wouldn't we be able to split it off if that happened with the Oyama name or does the system not allow that yet?

It had been quite a while when such merger was irreversible; in a few worst cases, correct names (e.g. Shogakukan) had been merged into incorrect or inappropriate names (in that case, ShoPro). It was not until last October when Dan fixed the problem and all mergers can be now undone.

While it is now much "safer" to merge and split, I'd rather not see another thread reporting "Hey! I want to enter Oyama and the system automatically changes the name to Koyama! I'm 100% sure the name is Oyama!" or someone telling a third party "Your credit spelling his/her family name as 'Oyama' MUST BE WRONG because when I submitted the name to ANN it changes the last name to 'Koyama' automatically."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1