• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - On With the Show

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meiam

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:38 am Reply with quote
Lol, gravity rush remastered on the PS4. I feel pretty vindicated by this announcement. When the first one came out I held to the position that the game was doomed to little more than cult following since it was on the vita and over relied on the gimmick control (which were entirely unnecessary since you could do everything with a normal controller). Cue unending troves of people telling me I was wrong, that the game could never be done on any other system, that the control was part of its core mechanic.
AliceTheHare

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:39 am Reply with quote
No mention of N-oh, or will you be covering that game in the post-TGS article?
MajorZero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:43 am Reply with quote
I hope Yakuza Kiwami and Yakuza 6 will be released in the West. It's disappointing that Gravity Rush 2 is PS4 exclusive, nothing surprising here though, Vita is pretty much dead outside of Japan and it'll be foolish to waste franchise potential on such system.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:44 am Reply with quote
I can't wait for Gundam Extreme Vs Force despite being scaled down a bit but I'm look for a good 1 player Gundam experience and that seems to fit the bill. For those interested Force also got an Asia English release confirmed.

Dragon Quest Builders just gets better and better, I can't for all of the events centered around this game.

Toukiden 2 is one I really want to see more gameplay of, an Open world hunting game is something I might like.

I really want to see 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim's gameplay, hopefully it's an RPG or maybe an SRPG like Front Mission as the void of the lack of Front Mission needs to be filled.

SaGa: Scarlet Graces, the art looks nice but I need gameplay and the Final Fantasy Adventure remake is ok but I don't think it's 1400 yen ok as it looks a bit cheap, maybe between 700-1000 yen I'd buy the game on the Vita.

Ikenie to Yuki no Setsuna was a very underrated announcement despite being shown at E3, it looks to be good oldschool fun, I just hope it doesn't end up like The Legend of Legacy's Japanese release where it was brutally difficult.

I hope Idolm@ster turns out to be great because it's only game left that will convince me to keep my PS4, I still have my PS3 so I won't be missing out on anything else I want.
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:34 am Reply with quote
arguably, snk did defeat capcom in their own game back in the late 90s early 2ks; while capcom's sf had aged, and sfii took to long to come out so a lot of people stopped caring aobut sf, king of fighter took it's place as the flagship, everybody plays this, fighting game. but, that happened in most of the world, japan, korea, china, latina merica, europe, everywhere but the usa, so it's very excusable for the author to assume capcom never lost and somehow in teh sfzer/3 times capcom was more popular than snk's kof series, since that might have been the case in the usa.
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:52 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Sony also plans to release a special Vita edition of Gravity Rush 2. The box won't contain a game at all. It'll have only a small coffin to hold the Vita
Dude. Ow. ; ;

I'm really sad that Gravity Rush 2 doesn't appear to be hitting the Vita and this seems to put a little more writing on the wall. The world just wasn't good enough for you.
Souther

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Rashid's design's quite bland IMO, but I love his personality, he looks like he's happy to be there. His moveset is interesting as well, so he's another character I might be looking into, along with Necalli and R.Mika.

I think the only way the KOF trailer could've been worse received is if it said they were including Ray Park Rugal as a DLC character. However, I'm optimistic that the KOF14 trailer was very much a WIP and the final product will turn out to be good. At the very least, if it plays like a refined Maximum Impact, that wouldn't be so bad. Hoping for Yamazaki/Geese/Rock to make it in personally, and maybe the Jin brothers as well, however unlikely.

13 Sentinels has me very intrigued. Looking forward to seeing more of the game.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Oh man the new game by Vanillaware is really gorgeous. It's my list of purchases for next semester. I love what they do and they always surprise.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:15 pm Reply with quote
You don't need a New 3DS to play Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer. The regular 3DS amiibo reader will be released on the same day as well. (Also, there'll be a regular-size New 3DS bundled with Happy Home Designer.)
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 2:12 pm Reply with quote
I imagine people are already commenting on Kimishima in regards to his photo ("Wow, he doesn't know how to smile, does he?") and his business sense ("Well he's a Managing Director, so that's gotta count for something."), but it remains to be seen how he handles things.

Street Fighter V:

Quote:
Aw crap, it's that Final Fantasy IV attack that drops everyone's hit points to one.

It's called Maelstrom, Todd, and that move's tornadoes were all a vivid purple, so no cigar. You must be thinking of the lame Tornado spell the party learns that hardly works on anyone (guess it's appropriate it was called Weak in the SNES translation since it really is that useless). XD

Final Fantasy VII G-Bike: I can honestly say this won't be missed. Barely anyone I know showed any interest in it and the message boards for both the iOS and Android versions were hardly sparking with topics. This spinoff stuff is annoying. It needs to stop.

13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim: I can only hope Vanillaware is going to make something far more mold-breaking than giant robots in modern day Japan. After the work they've done with Princess Crown, Odin Sphere and Muramasa, this just seems like a stiflingly mediocre choice of subject matter.

Kingdom Hearts II.8 Final Chapter Prologue: Just milking it as much as you can, eh Nomura? I guess I can be happy with Dream Drop in HD since I haven't been playing the 3DS version much these days (though I still do). Seeing the Dream Eaters and their cute antics on a widescreen TV could be a plus, I suppose. But I'm sure Birth by Sleep –a fragmentary passage- will probably be the true highlight since Aqua will be rendered in the new KHIII engine for that segment.

SaGa: Scarlet Grace: High time a new SaGa game was made. I hope they'll consider releasing it here. We haven't had a new SaGa since Unlimited, and that one bombed badly because of how obtuse it was. SaGa games are great fun, but nobody seems to acknowledge they even exist over here.

Seiken Densetsu: Final Fantasy Gaiden: Never played the original, but I'd like to seeing as it is the first Mana game in the series, which is now sadly relegated to mobile phone releases. Might as well enjoy what started a once great legacy.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:42 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
I imagine people are already commenting on Kimishima in regards to his photo ("Wow, he doesn't know how to smile, does he?") and his business sense ("Well he's a Managing Director, so that's gotta count for something."), but it remains to be seen how he handles things.

The only thing I've seen is people already getting fearful that's he's going to somehow hurt Nintendo's forward momentum (which people ignore doesn't exist for the WiiU.)

Quote:
If Gravity Rush 2's defection leaves Vita owners dismayed

The hurt feeling on this is incredulous.
Greed1914

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy about Gravity Rush 2, though I do wish it was also on the Vita. Sony making a sequel on the PS4 when the first was designed to show off the Vita's features sort of feels like they aren't feeling so hot about the system. Oh well, I still get plenty of use of it.
Top Gun

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:58 pm Reply with quote
*cue bad joke about Kingdom Hearts being secretly developed by Valve due to the extreme measures it's taking to avoid the number 3*
bob_loblaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Todd Ciolek:
The original EX characters are tired to developer Arika, which means that CAPCOM would have to negotiate their inclusion. And let's face it: the EX gang never was all that popular.

I think it would've been cool to see EX's Hokuto in SFIV or V. I'd be lying if it wasn't also because I would get to hear a remix of 'Sakura Mankai' again, but whatever.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:17 am Reply with quote

That mecha shot reminds us of Titanfall

Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2