• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Comet Lucifer (TV).

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
L'Imperatore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Comet Lucifer (TV)

Genres: Science fiction
Themes:

Plot Summary: On the planet Gift there are precious crystals called Giftjium buried in the earth. A young man named Sōgo lives in Garden Indigo, a prosperous mining town. Sōgo's hobby is to collect rare crystals. One day, he gets wrapped up in a riot caused by his classmates Kaon, Roman, and Otto, and he loses his way until he finds a lake deep under the ground's mining ruins. There, he meets a mysterious girl with blue hair and red eyes that gaze straight ahead. The story follows the adventure of what happens after this meeting.
----------------------------------

You can watch the music video for the show here. Contrary to the title, it doesn't look satanic at all.

Granted, the premise (boy meets mysterious girl) is way overused. It's got a mecha, however, and the main girl is cute, so that's a good start.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:10 pm Reply with quote
I'm somewhat surprised by the appearance of the mecha tbh. Eh, the premise seems somewhat interesting. Could be a hit or miss.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:39 am Reply with quote
Episode 1:

Good start so far or at least it has potential.
The world fiction and technology seems to have a decent amount of creativity invested with the mecha and other stuff that we'll probably find out in the future. In particular, I am curious about the true properties of that mysterious crystal...

Idk how I feel about Sogo tbh.
He seems like a good guy but somewhat childish as well. I'm guessing that there may be potential romance in this series by some of the reactions...

Also, getting some slight Eureka 7 vibes from the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Since I haven't watched most (if any) of the stuff this seems to get compared to, guess I'll take it at more face-value than worse/better than x.

That said, this didn't really hook me. Robots punching each other has never been a genre I liked much, and this intro episode didn't have much oomph outside of that.
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Strange stuff happens involving teenagers, I will need a couple more episodes to decide on this one as it could potentially go anywhere (for better or worst).
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:04 pm Reply with quote
So... will this be a eureka seven or a captain earth. Place your bet!
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:41 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

Given popular consensus I know what you're intending, but the (multiple) people saying this make me lol since I liked captain earth but couldn't get past episode 1 of eureka seven.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
episode one

I couldn't find any information on how many episodes this will be. I'm curious because this introductory episode gives the general feel of a show that's going to be at least 2 cour.

Anyway, I immediately like Kaon and despite the appearance of Obviously Central To The Plot Girl, I'm rooting for her. Perhaps I just enjoy inflicting emotional pain on myself.

The brief mecha battle sequence was nice too. Nothing amazing but enjoyable. I look forward to more robot on robot action.

I, like many others, am reminded of Eureka 7 (especially with that Quicker Board that reminds me an awful lot of a reflection board). That's a mixed feeling for me, for personal reasons, but mostly a good thing.
meiam

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:45 pm Reply with quote
Galap wrote:
Given popular consensus I know what you're intending, but the (multiple) people saying this make me lol since I liked captain earth but couldn't get past episode 1 of eureka seven.

I can understand missing out on the story/character and even visual on E7, but you missed out on the soundtrack! Laughing
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:07 am Reply with quote
Episode 1

I think that I particularly enjoyed the look of the world, a good looking holographic computer can get me interested, and some of the more lower-tech fantasy stuff is a good spice. Although despite that and some sort of cryptic talk at the beginning, I am kind of hoping we had more info on what exactly is the deal with the world.

It was not largely original, but I am interested enough. And despite magical girlfriend character appearing, I found myself kind of liking Kaon, even if she seemed to repeat Sogo's name repeatedly. The song at the end seemed to indicate some personality for the mysterious feather headed girl, which would be appreciated over.

Over the mention of Captain Earth, that show was not too bad, even if it felt like it got a bit pointless at times. Hana in that turned out to be an awesome character.
meiam

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:50 pm Reply with quote
Yeah really nothing impressive but nothing particularly wrong. Paint by number E7 clone.Will need at least 2 more episode to decide if its worth watching. Since the mech was piloting itself, I hope it stays that way, I always hated when the main character drive a mech that can pilot itself, what's the point? The untrained teenager will always be worse than the mech at piloting, its even worse when the show try to depict the MC as a prodigy.

Am I the only one who trough his board was the segway version of E7 lift board? Laughing
ookamigirl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Not bad for a first episode.
Seems decent so far.
Still, there's nothing there that would peak my interest.
The mystery girl popping out seems like a cliche.
There are also some mecha involved, so it's not just an adventure/fantasy, but also mecha?
Not feeling it. Skippng..
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:14 am Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

Mmm, Lord of the Rings. It can't bode well when the centerpiece of your town is the Eye of Sauron.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:35 am Reply with quote
I'll have to admit, Felia is quite cute despite being a stranger as she seems to make some friends already. I wonder exactly what her connection to that mecha as well as the green creature that came to life though. For one thing, she sure loves some of that sweet food.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:03 pm Reply with quote
episode two

So, Felia's childlike behavior makes me feel better about Kaon + Sogo. Of course, she could start developing (mentally speaking, I don't think much will happen with the character design) rapidly now that she's out and walking in the world.

I'm wondering if Moura will have a weapon of some sort or if he'll continue fighting as an angry gorilla mecha.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5