• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
New RightStufAnime.com

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:38 am Reply with quote
traveling wrote:
Yeah. I know I'm not a GA member right now, but everything is showing as SRP rather than sale price. Confused

This should not be the case. Please send me over your contact details.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:18 am Reply with quote
traveling wrote:
Yeah. I know I'm not a GA member right now, but everything is showing as SRP rather than sale price. Confused

This should be fixed up. Was an error in the script when memberships expire. Please let me know if you don't see the correct pricing now.
RightStufKitsuneMinion

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Specials!

ORA ORA ORA ORA! This week we have a special on all things Jojo!

No Promo Code Required!

We're also offering an even greater deal on some of our sale items when you purchase our weekly specials bundles:
Jojo's Bizarre DVD Bundle
Jojo's Bizarre Manga Bundle

Click here to see them all!

SuBLime Sale!

Save At least 50% OFF All Titles!

Promo Code: BL-2015
Sale Ends: September 24, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST

Click here for a list of all products!

Section23 Sale!

Section23 Films Sale
At Least 40% OFF DVDs & Blu-ray discs!

Sale Ends: October 1, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST

Click here to see all items!

Was someone at Right Stuf totally awesome for you? Please let us know so we can reward our staff!

We love happy customer e-mails - we are a service organization - so tell us about our service! What was good, what can be improved; we want to hear it! You can also post on our Facebook page! For those who are interested, we do indeed have company lunches that much!

Submit an image of how your shipment arrived! Best photos will be circulated around the office in admiration and/or shock as appropriate. Creative recycling is encouraged.

Hints and Notes from Shawne:
"Approved" and waiting the final paperwork. People will be pleased.
A negative and a positive.
Not sure about this one. Still likely a long shot.

Great ways to interact with the minions at Right Stuf! We're here to help!
Our Facebook ~ Shawne's Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr ~ Pinterest
-----------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to our weekly updates and press release announcements! Anime information in your inbox!

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (Weekly Specials, Bargain Bins, Closeout items, and specialty Imports) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at www.rightstufanime.com. Items on that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requirements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon. Coupons expire at 11:59 pm Central Time on the date of expiration.

Thanks for your business from the entire Right Stuf team!

Would you like to see our newest news and newsletters, prettier than we can make them here? Click here!
RoverTX

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:25 pm Reply with quote
I am having a bunch of small issues with the new site.

1. I have an open return request, but I can't load the return on the website, it just spins.

2. When I try to open up a submitted order in a new window or tab I just get a blank screen.

3. When click an item from a submitted order I have to go through a redirect before I actually land on the item's page.

4. On the submit new support case page the message text area is super small. I end up having to open the inspector and resize it myself.

5. At one point I tried adding items to the default list called My List, every time I did it created a copy of My List. Before I knew what was happening I had 30 some odd copies of My List, which for some reason cannot be deleted.

6. On the lists there are big edit and move buttons, but in order to delete an item from a list you have to use the bulk action feature.

7. On the submitted order's and list's pages the listed items which haven't been release yet don't list their release date. Which means in order to find out you have to click on the item and go to it's full page.

I also have a question about how you guys save payment information. Who do you save it with and what level of PCI compliance do they meet? Also does the website use some type of Tokenization or Asymmetric Encryption if it itself does not meet full PCI standards?

I see the new site is built on top of www.netsuite.com, and that they seem to meet some level of PCI compliance, but it is unclear if they are the actual storage point for the credit card numbers, or if this includes all websites hosted with them.
RightStufKitsuneMinion

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Fullmetal Alchemist Specials!

We have a special Fullmetal Alchemist sale today to celebrate an unforgettable day.

Because we believe great anime shouldn't cost you an arm and a leg. Wink

No Promo Code Required!

We're also offering an even greater deal on some of our sale items when you purchase our weekly specials bundles:
Fullmetal Alchemist DVD Bundle
Fullmetal Alchemist TCG Bundle
Fullmetal Alchemist Manga + Shirt Bundle

Click here to see them all!

SuBLime Sale!

Seven Seas Sale
At Least 33% OFF All Titles!

Sale Ends: October 8, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST

Promo Code: 7SEAS-15

Click here for a list of all products!

Section23 Sale!

Section23 Films Sale
At Least 40% OFF DVDs & Blu-ray discs!

Sale Ends: October 1, 2015 at 11:59 p.m. CST

Click here to see all items!

Was someone at Right Stuf totally awesome for you? Please let us know so we can reward our staff!

We love happy customer e-mails - we are a service organization - so tell us about our service! What was good, what can be improved; we want to hear it! You can also post on our Facebook page! For those who are interested, we do indeed have company lunches that much!

Submit an image of how your shipment arrived! Best photos will be circulated around the office in admiration and/or shock as appropriate. Creative recycling is encouraged.

Hints and Notes from Shawne:
"Approved" and waiting the final paperwork. People will be pleased.
A negative and a positive.
Not sure about this one. Still likely a long shot.

Great ways to interact with the minions at Right Stuf! We're here to help!
Our Facebook ~ Shawne's Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Tumblr ~ Pinterest
-----------------------------------------------------------
Subscribe to our weekly updates and press release announcements! Anime information in your inbox!

*The following restrictions apply to all coupons unless otherwise noted: Items already heavily discounted (Weekly Specials, Bargain Bins, Closeout items, and specialty Imports) are excluded from coupon discounts. Orders must be completed through our online store at www.rightstufanime.com. Items on that are on special or are excluded from additional discounts do not count toward coupon dollar amount requirements. Only one coupon or gift certificate may be applied to each order. Canceling or revising your order may affect its eligibility for the coupon. Coupons expire at 11:59 pm Central Time on the date of expiration.

Thanks for your business from the entire Right Stuf team!

Would you like to see our newest news and newsletters, prettier than we can make them here? Click here!
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:11 pm Reply with quote
RoverTX wrote:
I am having a bunch of small issues with the new site.

There's enough here it would be easier for me to follow up by email if you would like, as I will need to likely go back and forth with you on some things to test. Would you mind taking this list and emailing me directly? Thanks, Shawne Kleckner
zawa113

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
I personally can't use the search function at all. It'll show some things in the short list, but clicking on any of them there gives me "internal error", and hitting the enter in the search gives me the same. I can still click on things from the main page, the linked sales pages, etc, but if I search for, say, "Persona" and click the first entry, that gives me an error, and trying to bring up a list of all the Persona things, same "internal error". I swear this worked fine last week though.
Zalis116

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:30 am Reply with quote
RightstufKitsuneMinion wrote:
Fullmetal Alchemist Specials!

We have a special Fullmetal Alchemist sale today to celebrate an unforgettable day.

You guys can continue to post new threads for these specials if you want; this thread has been more focused on the new website and changes/bugs within it, and it seems like specials posts are more likely to go unnoticed by people browsing the forums but not this thread.
Spastic Minnow
Bargain Hunter
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:04 am Reply with quote
Weird...

Why did I have to confirm I was an adult to view information about When Marnie Was There?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:48 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:
I personally can't use the search function at all. It'll show some things in the short list, but clicking on any of them there gives me "internal error", and hitting the enter in the search gives me the same. I can still click on things from the main page, the linked sales pages, etc, but if I search for, say, "Persona" and click the first entry, that gives me an error, and trying to bring up a list of all the Persona things, same "internal error". I swear this worked fine last week though.

This should be fixed up.
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:53 am Reply with quote
Spastic Minnow wrote:
Weird...

Why did I have to confirm I was an adult to view information about When Marnie Was There?

Not sure on this one, as I don't see an associated rating. I'll check up on it.
Covnam

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Shawne, are there plans to go back to the old sales method of doing discounts without coupons needed so we can order from two sales (end of one and start of another) like we could before?
Thanks!
shawnek
Accredited Retailer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:14 pm Reply with quote
We deployed some new search code today. I am hoping this will tighten search up that much more.

Also, new code was deployed on the "you already bought" which shows if you have bought the item more than once. Before, it only showed the last order that you placed for the item.

We changed the main item page to remove the tabs if you are browsing on a larger screen.

Code in final testing for partial shipping that I'm really excited about. Everything looks good, but I want to make absolutely sure this is REALLY REALLY tested prior to deployment.

Thanks for input that we continue to receive. Lots of stuff that is in progress!
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:23 pm Reply with quote
If you need a guinea pig for partial orders, my second Yen sale order will have pre-order items coming out 11/17, plus stuff that's not out until December and January. Oh, and possibly some already-out stuff. Still reading Kagerou Daze to see if I do indeed want to collect it.
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:23 pm Reply with quote
I have a few things for Mr. Kleckner or a minion. I apologize if these have been mentioned here. I am too lazy to read the whole thread.

Are there any plans to have links to related items on the individual item pages? I think that you did have those on the old site.
When I am looking at manga volume it would be very convenient to have links to the other volumes in the series, or just the closer volumes if it is a long series.

I think that the use of coupon codes for the studio sales is a step backwards to the bad old days.
I do not mind having to enter a code when I check out. What I do have a problem with is not seeing the correct price on the item page and, most especially, in my wish list.
Recently I have been buying all of my anime and manga from Right Stuf and Amazon. When I am ready to buy something I open the wish lists on both sites and order from the one that has the best price at that time.
A couple of times I ordered from Amazon and later realized that Right Stuf actually did have a better price, but I did not see that price in my wish list.

There is another issue with the wish list that I just noticed.
I have it set to sort by name, and this is what I get (these names are copied and pasted from the list, so they are what it should be sorting by):
Accel World Manga 02
Soul Eater Not! Blu-ray/DVD
Mayo Chiki! Blu-ray
(several more items)
Accel World Manga 01

I have to wonder what name it is sorting by.

It has been five days since I posted this but I just noticed something else about the sorting of the wish list.
To the right of "Sort by name" are two arrows, one pointing up and one pointing down, one black and one white. Those should toggle the sort order between high to low and low to high, but clicking them does nothing except change which arrow is black. The sort order does not change.
I have confirmed that new items are added to the bottom or the list.

I suspect that this might be a browser compatibility issue.
I am using the latest Firefox on Windows 7.

There is another negative thing about the wish list that I think has been mentioned before:
It does not show the availability of the items.
This is just one more thing that makes it hard for me to decide to order something from Right Stuf.

I think that the old "Save for later" feature was much better than the wish lists.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Industry -> Retail All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 10 of 17