• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japan's Animation Blu-ray Disc Ranking, September 28-October 4

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Fipse wrote:

A lot of shows have extras like that. The last two Seasons of Symphogear did the same thing and did sold quite well on average. Season 3 will probably sell more then Season 2 (and the CD sales are insane anyway)

At this point, I think it's safe to say Symphogear has successfully filled in the hole that the Nanoha franchise has left behind. I wonder when other companies will follow this suit and successfully be a competitive rival against Symphogear.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:20 pm Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Ouch! After looking at the DVD page, I just realized that durarara! didn't even show up on this list... that's really sad. Sad

The previous cour had already seen a huge drop the first season, so I wonder what will happen for the upcoming third cour. The drop off in interest must be felt each time.
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:31 am Reply with quote
Unless the numbers for Shimoneta are off, it looks like it didn't do too well. Surprising, since I thought it was fairly popular. But maybe that was a Western thing and it wasn't that big of a thing in Japan.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:26 am Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
Fipse wrote:

A lot of shows have extras like that. The last two Seasons of Symphogear did the same thing and did sold quite well on average. Season 3 will probably sell more then Season 2 (and the CD sales are insane anyway)

At this point, I think it's safe to say Symphogear has successfully filled in the hole that the Nanoha franchise has left behind. I wonder when other companies will follow this suit and successfully be a competitive rival against Symphogear.

Since Nanoha vivid never got a disc release, its acteally rather hard to compare those 2.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:16 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Since Nanoha vivid never got a disc release, its acteally rather hard to compare those 2.

No home video debut of the Vivid season of MGL Nanoha? One would think that it would've happen by now- it's been four months since it ended on TV broadcasting...at least according to Wikipedia, anyway. I wonder if this is also the case with StrikerS?
Rederoin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:25 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

No home video debut of the Vivid season of MGL Nanoha? One would think that it would've happen by now- it's been four months since it ended on TV broadcasting...at least according to Wikipedia, anyway. I wonder if this is also the case with StrikerS?

Nope, not at all. It also ending the in the middle of a arc without further info is just strange all around for such a popular series.
Ulinox

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:29 am Reply with quote
Jojo still going strong. Hope we get that Part 4 announcement soon.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:12 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
Nope, not at all. It also ending the in the middle of a arc without further info is just strange all around for such a popular series.

Hmm...I suspect that there may be some legal wrangling going on concerning MGL Nanoha Vivid with the show abruptly ended mid-season just like that...
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:23 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

Hmm...I suspect that there may be some legal wrangling going on concerning MGL Nanoha Vivid with the show abruptly ended mid-season just like that...

It ended at the same time most of the other shows ended. Since no discs were solicited, there was never any reason to believe it was planned to air for more than one cour.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:05 am Reply with quote
HitokiriShadow wrote:
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Rederoin wrote:

It ended at the same time most of the other shows ended. Since no discs were solicited, there was never any reason to believe it was planned to air for more than one cour.

That is obvious, but that does not make it odd that no discs or a decent end point was picked.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2