• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Cat Fantasy

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kicksville

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
And the Amiibo? It turns Chibi-Robo into his super-powered form and helps players unlock new capsule toys within the game. Some might predict that it'll be a sought-after collectible, but the whole Amiibo craze seems to be dying down. It's easy to find all but a few figures now, and no one's mounting crazed campaigns to buy every last Rosalina toy these days.

It is looking like Nintendo actually pulled through on restocks of the previous figures - good on them for that. Now some hoarders are desperately trying to find ways to differentiate "first prints" so their stock is still worth something.

A hilarious side effect: Kirby is rarer than Marth.
Bowl of Lentils

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:11 am Reply with quote
I actually think the chances of Atlus USA localizing Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception are pretty good. Over the past two years or so they have been consistently publishing titles from Aquaplus including Tears to Tiara II, Dungeon Travelers 2 and Aquapazza. So I wouldn't be surprised if Mask of Deception got an official release here.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:21 am Reply with quote
no more Dragon Quest rpgs on playstation?

i hope the warriors clone will not be the norm

My first and last DQ was DQVIII (PS2) since then didn't see any other DQ game on playstation (for the west anyway);...
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:
no more Dragon Quest rpgs on playstation?

i hope the warriors clone will not be the norm

My first and last DQ was DQVIII (PS2) since then didn't see any other DQ game on playstation (for the west anyway);...

DQXI will be on PS4 as well as the 3DS, DQ Builders which is an BRPG/ARPG hybrid is Sony Exclusive

I'm glad both Yoru no Nai Kuni and Tokyo Xanadu sold well, Tokyo Xanadu is a pretty good game, with fun gameplay, decent cast, great voice acting, near 10/10 music but it's way too easy even on hard and Rion's arc should've been shorter as the idol parts seemed shoehorned in at time, I beat it on hard without exploiting the infinite yen glitch and no death. Yoru no Nai Kuni has an excellent story (and it's very yuri heavy but super adorable), 10/10 music, good voice acting, very nice characters and Arnas and Lyuritis are two peas in a pod, the battle system is closer to a musou title unlike Tokyo Xanadu but you still can die if you aren't paying attention but it's also an easy game, it's hard to die unless you get poisoned with no healer familiar and enemies far above your level, if you grind too much especially early on you may end being OP for a while though as the max level is 10.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:52 am Reply with quote
About Utawarerumono...
Quote:
Domestic Release: There's little to no chance of a company officially localizing the console and Vita versions of the game, but fan translators took on the original Utawarerumono game. Maybe they'll tackle the sequel.

I wouldn't be so sure. The PC version(2002) was a lot different to the enhanced & all-ages version PS2 port(2006), and the fan translators tackled the original PC version, whereas Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen is for console from the get-go.

And it isn't set in stone this won't be released over here. The other one of Aquaplus's games, Tears to Tiara 2, got a Western release for PS3 not too long ago.

Tears to Tiara's development has more or less mirrored Utawarerumono's, first part was released on PC as an eroge as well (2005)(and also got fan-translated), however the all-ages remake later (2008) to PS3 was a completely different beast, with remade graphics(3D replaced a lot of 2D) and new character designs which were used in the anime adaptation and differ significantly from the old ones.
Gasero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:43 pm Reply with quote
I think Yoshi's Wolly World could have gotten by with a title like 'D'AAAAAAW'. I mean, just look at it.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:28 pm Reply with quote
PXZ2 will be my first 2016 buy.

Otherwise SF5 additions keep surprising me. (Zangief's not.)

I am interested in Yoshi's Woolly World, that LabZero new game.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
How are the reviews for Legend of Legacy?

I hate to say it but I'd love to see Rose reappear in PxZ 2. She did make an appearance in Namco x Capcom.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Daytona's dragon mascot is pretty cute actually. :)

Street Fighter V: It looks like the Brazilian beast of the series is going to be sitting this one out sadly. That's such a damn shame.

Project X Zone 2: The developers are just amping up the crossover craziness for this game more and more. The second PV yesterday showed nearly fourteen minutes of epic footage. I only hope, at least as an icing-on-the-cake sort of thing, that we get a snazzy limited edition this time around since the first game's LE was really barebones. I really can't wait to get my hands on this.

Indivisible: Now this certainly looks worthy of attention. I never had any interest in Skullgirls, but if LabZero is creating a Valkyrie Profile-style RPG of their own, then they have my attention. I hope they can put together an amazing cast of characters for this (from that screenshot, Tungar looks like the most appealing to me thus far). Maybe come up with some a beastly nonhuman male or two, and you've got yourself a deal, LabZero.

Tokyo Xanadau: The game makes me think of Ys more than Persona honestly. The battles look like a lot of fun from the videos I've watched and makes me wish they'd announce a localization for it soon. Unfortunately, I still don't own a Vita as I'm not entirely sold on the system yet.

Legend of Legacy: This game definitely has SaGa written all over it. I've seen the status menus and gameplay videos. It really is like a love letter to the SaGa fans out there who have longed for an RPG like this again. It's the one series that does the multiple heroes scenario right and has a moderate learning curve that can lead to some great results if you plan ahead and know what to do.

Quote:
SaGa games always were...acquired tastes, to put it kindly.

The SaGa games were always more unique than any other RPG and I think they deserve more praise than raised eyebrows and stupid review comments that contradict each other, such as:

"Waaaah, SaGa Frontier is too unfocused! I don't know what to do!"

"Waaaah, SaGa Frontier 2 is too linear! Stop restricting me and let me explore!"

^Sigh, some people really are too dense to appreciate SaGa games. We SaGa players really are a niche crowd in North America, unfortunately.

Arland Atelier Trilogy: Putting all three Arland games into one pack is a great idea, and released at a more affordable price than all three bought separately? Brilliant idea! ...Too bad I'm not really one to make much commentary on how my Atelier experience has been going (read: Rorona's collecting dust again and while I finally played Totori a few months ago after having had my copy for so long, I can't seem to return to it).

wonderwomanhero wrote:
I hate to say it but I'd love to see Rose reappear in PxZ 2. She did make an appearance in Namco x Capcom.

Not just Rose, but Armor King and Judas too. The controlled souls subplot was pretty interesting in NxC and seeing them return would be a treat, but I doubt it.
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The original Xanadu sprang from Falcom's voluminous Dragon Slayer series back in 1986, well before Persona and its Shin Megami Tensei source came along.
the first game in the franchise Shin Megami Tensei is from started with Digital Devil Story: Megami Tensei back in 1987 and was based on a novel a year or two younger than it. that's not well before the MegaTen franchise came along.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:20 pm Reply with quote
X Button after two weeks

I like how for ProjectXZone 2 Tiki's designs was taken directly from Awakening.

Quote:
I remember Utawarerumono among those anime series that American companies bought for no apparent reason during the waning years of the past decade's anime bubble.

That's practically Anime Network's entire library and half of CN/Adult Swim..
nhat

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Utawarerumono the anime version is my surprise series. I came in knowing nothing about it and having low expectations since it was just a guy with a mask but luckily its done really well and definitely a recommend.
Just-another-face

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:23 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Street Fighter V: It looks like the Brazilian beast of the series is going to be sitting this one out sadly. That's such a damn shame.

This makes me very sad. :(
jr240483

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:26 pm Reply with quote
belvadeer wrote:
Daytona's dragon mascot is pretty cute actually. Smile

Cant be surprised. considering on how much he, honda and guile were the kings of cheese in SFIV, its no surprise they got the shaft.especially blanka who at times was so OP he make the game unfair.

Quote:
She electrocutes opponents with many of her strikes, and her most elaborate specials involve rolling throws that bounce all over the screen. Is she Blanka's daughter? That would make as much sense as anything else in Street Fighter canon.

SERIOUSLY??

THAT THEORY IS VERY HIGHLY UNLIKELY!!!!!

considering she have the same last name as Sean from street fighter III new generation, its safe to say she might be related to sean. also considering that karin haven't changed and looked like a teenager still in high school, it wouldnt be possible timewise. for it too be possible, SFV would have to take at least 20 years before SFIV , and blanka would have to be a human again too.

so its as i said, her being blanka's daughter is very unlikely if not impossible. BUT considering that the SF canon is suspect at best and CAPCOM have a tendency of making it even more confusing, i wont say it'll never gonna happen. but right now its definitely unlikely.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:17 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:

considering she have the same last name as Sean from street fighter III new generation, its safe to say she might be related to sean.

It's been public knowledge for a few days that she's Sean's older sister just in case anyone still believes that crackpot theory.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2