• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PlayStation 4 Drops to US$349.99 in N. America

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
se37

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:28 am Reply with quote
After Target leaked information on the PS4 being $350 and I saw Amazon two days ago selling one of the bundles for $350 I knew it was just a matter of time for the price drop. My friend brought the PS4 the other day and I tired to warn him to hold off until the price drop. Didn't work.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Animechic420

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:31 am Reply with quote
That price still doesn't seem low enough for me....
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:07 am Reply with quote
Even with the price drop, the PlayStation4 is still expensive, but at least it's a bit more affordable for those that have a sizable wallet.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:19 am Reply with quote
$350.. so that's like a $25 price drop?

the system had been $375 for the last 5-6 months at costco

if you want a new console.... just hold out until black friday.. i'm sure you can get the system and some games to go with it for $330 or $350.

me.. i'm the slim owner

The 1TB version has all the traits of the slim except for a new design

plus.. still busy with my ps3 maybe 50+ games to go through so not in a rush

Tales of Zesteria, Persona 5, Arslan Senki, etc.. PS3 still has quite a few games i want to play

Last edited by AnimeAddict2014 on Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:44 am; edited 2 times in total
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:43 am Reply with quote
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

The system's standard MSRP was always $399.99 in the U.S. so the cut is actually $50. And yeah not low enough but I shouldn't care since I already have mine.
dark_tenshi17

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:47 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately it still costs more in Canada than it did at launch time, which was $399.99; so it's not much of a bargain for us.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:49 am Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
AnimeAddict2014 wrote:

The system's standard MSRP was always $399.99 in the U.S. so the cut is actually $50. And yeah not low enough but I shouldn't care since I already have mine.

i was considering the Costco price of the system

$60 for a game.. costco and amazon will offer it for $5-$7 cheaper.. if you are one of the gamers who like to own it day 1..

there are great games but i don't think they are worth $60.. given how the price of game will drop quickly (physical version).

i paid $300 for my PS3 (bought it at costco)-- the best place to buy a game system due to their life time warranty.

I can return the system and get full refund even after 2-3+ year of owning it.. so $350 is not a problem the problem is the time

for games. there's always Gamefly-- about $3-$4 per rental is not bad
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I bought mine last summer on eBay for 300€, just got an Xbone for 230€ due to a discount code and last autumns' (premium) WiiU was my biggest steal as i paid about 100€ in the end.
It came with 20 games that i mostly finished and then sold. The moral is to never buy a console at a retailer, to always use Paypal to be on the safe side and i import most of my games form China.
I also have both handled and other crap so my room is a nightmare of (recharging) cables.
I lastly consider the PS4 to be Sony´s best console for it´s time after the PSX but nothing can beat a modded PSP.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:51 pm Reply with quote
You people will never be satisfied with a price drop after complaining for the longest that $400 was so expensive, and you knew it wouldn't be higher than $50. I suggest you find a cheaper hobby to invest in that won't have you waiting till more than half of a console generation to buy a new system.

Anyway, if you didn't think Sony was taking October now, you have your answer.

se37 wrote:
I saw Amazon two days ago selling one of the bundles for $350

Because they price matched Best Buy.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:35 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
You people will never be satisfied with a price drop after complaining for the longest that $400 was so expensive, and you knew it wouldn't be higher than $50. I suggest you find a cheaper hobby to invest in that won't have you waiting till more than half of a console generation to buy a new system.

Anyway, if you didn't think Sony was taking October now, you have your answer.

se37 wrote:
I saw Amazon two days ago selling one of the bundles for $350

Because they price matched Best Buy.

Lol I know right?! people always got something to complain about..seriously, who complains about a price drop?! I for one, am glad that I waited for this to happen! I will be buying mines soon! Thank you Sony! Very Happy
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:45 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:

Well excuse me big spender Rolling Eyes

residentgrigo wrote:
i import most of my games form China.

There's a joke in here somewhere.
Xristophoros

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:47 pm Reply with quote
dark_tenshi17 wrote:
Unfortunately it still costs more in Canada than it did at launch time, which was $399.99; so it's not much of a bargain for us.

i know the feeling... a $20 price cut for canada is laughable but with our dollar so weak i guess there is nothing that sony can do for us. i bit the bullet and purchased a ps4 a couple months back assuming that it wouldn't drop by more than $50 anytime soon. no regrets. mgs v has been a blast and 2016 is looking like a killer year for playstation fans.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:00 pm Reply with quote
No matter what, the PS4 or Xbone is going to be expensive. It's all about your timing in buying. Has nobody ever heard of setting money aside from paychecks to pay for it?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
No matter what, the PS4 or Xbone is going to be expensive. It's all about your timing in buying. Has nobody ever heard of setting money aside from paychecks to pay for it?

this is the thing.. when it comes to money and what to buy

cheap or expensive.. depends on that person

if they said it overpriced.. it is overprice.. there's nothing wrong with it

since let say.. for those who are living from paychecks to paychecks with nothing left over each month..

so $400 on costs of living or $400 (now $350) for a game system ?

there are people out there still buying and playing on the PS2. Rolling Eyes

some are willing to pay while some will not.. it's just personal preference there's nothing wrong about that
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:56 pm Reply with quote
Exactly. It's called living within means. For example I have had a bit of a life changing experience and my income is currently second to none right now. I really do want to get a PS4 right now but I'm making due with my original PSP that I have because I don't have that type of money to pay for the console plus shell out $50-$80 a game and the internet to play. SO once my situation improves I'll look at setting aside some money.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2