• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Valkyrie Drive Mermaid

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Monster Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Dear lord N cup breasts when the boobs get around double the size of your head you have definitely gotten past the point of sexy into just disgusting. So it seems this anime is like Revolutionary Girl Utena. Except none of the art, story, or subtext that that anime had. This anime is going for boobs, ecchi, and girls making out.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:44 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
Dear lord N cup breasts when the boobs get around double the size of your head you have definitely gotten past the point of sexy into just disgusting. So it seems this anime is like Revolutionary Girl Utena. Except none of the art, story, or subtext that that anime had. This anime is going for boobs, ecchi, and girls making out.

And it's going to be glorious <3
Felicity dash

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 12:53 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:

I was about to comment and say something about that N cup xD. But yeah.....N cup......might the biggest cup size I`ve seen in a non-hentai show. Although this definitely might be borderline to that. Biggest I`ve ever seen (including hentais) was a triple Z cup.
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:05 am Reply with quote
Ikuhara is rolling in his grave.... theyre basically making a scummy version of my beloved Utena ;___; Seriously do bra sizes even go that high or are they just making shit up at this point?
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:15 am Reply with quote
They can go that high, naturally too.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:15 am Reply with quote
I think I'll have plenty of fun watching Valkyrie Drive. I understand that the unusually-large breasts that most of the characters have may be a turn-off to some, but I think that there's an awesome story hidden within this show. Smile
Lili-Hime

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:18 am Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
They can go that high, naturally too.

.....*looks down, cries* jk jklol
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 1:43 am Reply with quote
Definitely looking forward to seeing this show despite the unrealistic features I still think it's going to be good and with plenty of fan service to boot. Funimation please simudub this show soon Very Happy

Last edited by AnimeLordLuis on Sat Oct 10, 2015 3:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Chagen46

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:01 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter wrote:
Dear lord N cup breasts when the boobs get around double the size of your head you have definitely gotten past the point of sexy into just disgusting.

Those can still look quite good but the lady in question...yeah, she looks bad. She's too thin. If she were a little chubbier she'd look better. You can't just shove big-ass titties on a rail-thin body.

Her breasts also aren't being supported by her outfit, they just sag. If she actually had a damn bra (like the full version of my avatar--big-sheep-titties-warning) on she wouldn't look so bad. Actually I have no idea how that black thing even stays on her breasts, it just...hangs there? I'm not much of a fan of her design in general, it's obnoxiously trashy. Meifon is the best looking girl, cowgirls are <3 And she's half-Taiwanese? I'm legitimately surprised.
Chickenpotatoes

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 2:15 am Reply with quote
You can count on me watching it for the yuri and the badass-ness! Can't wait for it's debut. Check out the trailer on the official site. Looks like it will be fun!

Monster Hunter wrote:
So it seems this anime is like Revolutionary Girl Utena. Except none of the art, story, or subtext that that anime had. This anime is going for boobs, ecchi, and girls making out.

Lili-Hime wrote:
Ikuhara is rolling in his grave.... theyre basically making a scummy version of my beloved Utena ;___;

Actually, it's meant to be more like Soul Eater, not Utena. And Valkyrie Drive Mermaid is clearly going to be yuri canon (more fanservice style), thus this makes it better than just subtext!
uguu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 5:17 am Reply with quote
Whether pretending that they're only watching it "ironically" or that the show itsels is a "satire of the patriarchal objectification of queer women of color", the fanbase for this show outside of the most unpretentious 4chan threads and hentai website comment sections will be insufferable
Rederoin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:39 am Reply with quote
Lili-Hime wrote:
Ikuhara is rolling in his grave.... theyre basically making a scummy version of my beloved Utena ;___; Seriously do bra sizes even go that high or are they just making shit up at this point?

How is this even anything close to Utena?
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:42 am Reply with quote
Rederoin wrote:
How is this even anything close to Utena?

Two female leads with a lesbian relationship? Other than that I've got nothing.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:21 am Reply with quote
Lili-Hime wrote:
Ikuhara is rolling in his grave.... theyre basically making a scummy version of my beloved Utena ;___;

But he isn't dead...

Lili-Hime wrote:
Seriously do bra sizes even go that high or are they just making shit up at this point?

For me those numbers mean nothing, because if the characters are off-model, then what's the point?
Via_01

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:40 am Reply with quote
You know, I don't mind what anyone else may say.

I'm going to watch the heck out of this.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4