• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Abnormal-kei Joshi (Abnormal Girl) by Haruaki Katou

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Abnormal-kei Joshi is a manga by Haruaki Katou or by another name Sanada Eleven. He also is the creator of Hyakko. This slice of life manga is a complete departure from the cute Hyakko one.

While Hyakko is about cute girls doing cute things at school, Abnormal-kei Joshi is about cute girls doing bad things at school and elsewhere.

This manga is about a dark harem, and we are not talking about cultists or a witch's circle.

Well, the title says it all when describing the female members of this harem. One of which is a spoiler[serial killer] who has shown one of her spoiler[dead victim] to the male main character (love interest). Much like how your cat brings home it's trophy to your front door.

Unlike Future Diary, the male main character is not some weakling sniveling child. It is hard to describe him, because in some ways he is just as bad as the female members of his harem, but in other ways he too is controlled by them.

If you didn't like Future Diary or Elfen Lied, you will definitely will not like Abnormal-kei Joshi. I do like Abnormal-kei Joshi, because it is crazy in a mad way, not a zany way. I also like the art style, not great but it does its job.

Supposedly this is an ongoing series and one that you shouldn't expect to have a fast turnaround. Also, it is not licensed.

So I am onboard to see where they take us.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1