• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yuruyuri related anime ordering

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:31 am Reply with quote
Currently the Nachu Yachumi OVA and TV specials are linked as a separate adaptation of the manga from the original two seasons. San Hai (the third TV season) is undoubtedly a direct sequel to Nachu Yachumi with Nachu's events being referenced in San Hai, yet it is inconsistently linked as a sequel to the second season. At least if the third season is considered a sequel to the first two seasons, then Nachu Yachumi should as well and come in between them. While the first two seasons did have a different animation staff, I haven't seen any reason to doubt that Nachu Yachumi and San Hai are officially considered sequels to them. The official sites for the four earlier entries (1st, ♪♪, Nachu OVA, Nachu+) are lined up straight at the bottom of the official site.
ANN_Lynzee
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:18 am Reply with quote
I've fixed this. Sometimes OVAs are side stories instead of following a linear plot from the main anime so it's usually safe to set it as another manga adaptation until more plot information is available.

I've corrected the sequel sequence if I understood your post correctly.
manga#12829
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:03 pm Reply with quote
octopodpie wrote:

I've corrected the sequel sequence if I understood your post correctly.
manga#12829

Yep, that's correct. I can set related anime myself, but was making sure there wasn't any disagreement first. The initial side story assumption is understandable.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1