• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
SEA Requests and feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FukuchiChiisaia

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Yeah! After a long time waiting, we get SEA version of ANN!
Cheers!

I'm really glad that I can read any news from SEA especially from Indonesia.

In Indonesia there's a lot of anime event. A lot. In my city, Malang (17th biggest city), more than 3 Japanese related events held every month.
You can find manga in almost every book store in Indonesia. And there's always more than 25 new volumes of comic published every 2 weeks.

My city itself also has a lot anime, manga, idol, toys -and many more- community. Those community is really active. They held gathering every week and make projects, such as Nico Yazawa's birthday event, fan artbook, or Hatsune Miku unofficial concert. Circle that make doujinshi also can found here.

And for the anime, only childrens anime (Doraemon, Pokemon) and mainstream anime (Naruto, Dragon Ball, Crayon Shin-chan) that only airing recently because TV censorship, low TV rating, and lacks respond from fans. Five years ago you still can find anime such as Death Note, The Law of Ueki, Eyeshield 21, Kiba, Dancougar Nova, MAR, Eureka Seven, Cowboy Bebop, and many more anime.
Fifteen years ago, every major channel had anime on prime time.

I hope all of you can make a news site that covering all of that.
Neohybrid_kai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:35 am Reply with quote
Oh my, I've been lurking ANN since a long time but didn't know about fellow forum member from the same country until now LOL

I've read that ANN will cover AFA SG, so perhaps you could do the same to AFA ID next year. Its not as big as SG but being the biggest anime event in Indonesia, its worth to visit. Indonesia consists of many islands, which made nation scale gathering a bit difficult unless the event is big enough/has many Japanese guest star, so you could say AFA ID is the best opportunity for annual gathering and meeting for many community and cosplayers.

Also worth to note, IMO, is the artist community. The fandom here has an amount of creative people, from mangaka/doujinka to vocaloid producer to cosplayers, some are already have names in international level. Is Yuniarto (mangaka), Kharisma Jati (mangaka), Pinky Lu Xun (cosplayer) to name a few. I could highlight more names but I guess that's unnecessary, unless you want it.

If I may suggest, you could co coverage of Nusaimoe, its like Saimoe but at national level, you can check its facebook page (it's bilingual) at www.facebook.com/nusaimoe
c933103

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:56 am Reply with quote
Tempest wrote:

[…]

We aren't including Taiwan. As you know, we do have future plans for Taiwan.

The amount of new license Taiwan is getting every month might flood the board :p

------
Anyway,
1. Any plan to visit Youme cafe, a cafe in Hong Kong that cooperate with Animate which have been relocated recently, and write about it?
2. There's an upcoming animated movie festival in Hong Kong: https://m.facebook.com/neofilms13?refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.921655831218413%3Atl_objid.921655797885083 which would air a number of anime movie which you might want to talk about.
3.For Hong Kong, license of about 90% manga and 99% LN are obtained by companies in Taiwan. wound they be covered?
4. ANN would follow HK TV stations' anime broadcast schedule and announce new info from them too, right?
5. Apparently there will be a cosplay and doujin event in HKU this month, and there will be Rainbow Gala and several *-only next month.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:17 am Reply with quote
c933103 wrote:
The amount of new license Taiwan is getting every month might flood the board :p

And that's why I found it interesting that US licensees treated "license announcements" such a big thing at conventions when I started using ANN 12 years ago. Wink

In Taiwan, new manga and LN licenses would be mentioned briefly in newsletters and blogs (i.e. no press release would be made), and only licenses of very popular high-profile anime would be accompanied with press releases. It is not common to announce licenses at or right before conventions here.

c933103 wrote:
3.For Hong Kong, license of about 90% manga and 99% LN are obtained by companies in Taiwan. wound they be covered?

I can't speak for admins, but here's an interesting fact: SPP is part of Cite Publishing, which is in turn part of TOM Group, which is in turn part of Cheung Kong, which is owned by Ka-shing Li, the richest person in HK and East Asia. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2