• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Those Who Hunt Elves Manga Returns

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icepick314

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:17 pm Reply with quote
how about ADV manga?

ADV only released 7 books which was nowhere near the Japanese release...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Bug

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:21 pm Reply with quote
ADV has dropped Those Who Hunt Elves. I asked about it at their booth at Anime Expo last year and was told that it sold poorly and would not be released anymore. Hopefully another publisher (Tokyopop?) will pick it up and print the whole thing, as I enjoyed reading the manga.
slickwataris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:37 pm Reply with quote
I never knew it was on hiatus. Of course ADV gave up before I could find out Anime smallmouth + sweatdrop
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
icepick314

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Bug wrote:
ADV has dropped Those Who Hunt Elves. I asked about it at their booth at Anime Expo last year and was told that it sold poorly and would not be released anymore. Hopefully another publisher (Tokyopop?) will pick it up and print the whole thing, as I enjoyed reading the manga.

did they already?

damm...and i thought it was one of the most funniest series i've ever read...if Tokyopop hasn't rescued this yet, then i guess i have to give up on it....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Heretic

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote
This gives me the (probably false) hope that a few other manga series will continue after long breaks.
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:01 am Reply with quote
I hadn't realized Those Who Hunt Elves had been such a popular manga. The anime was OK (and poorly marketed by ADV, who tried to pedal it as if it were a mild hentai title) and had a couple of GREAT episodes in the 2nd series (which is of course where my avatar comes from).
la_contessa

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:45 am Reply with quote
Awww, I didn't know that ADV officially dropped it. I love parody comedy, and Those Who Hunt Elves is one of my anime favorite series--I've been wanting to read the manga for a while, but I didn't want to start until I knew ADV was committed to finishing. This makes me sad Sad
kokuryu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:28 am Reply with quote
This problem of giving up and also of not marketing titles is what hurts the manga/anime industry in the US - and why I say they should print and press both manga and DVDs for 20 years before stopping in the US. Ah well, hopefully Tokyopop or someone else WILL pick it up and actually do the whole run. It's annoying to have a title stop part way inbetween - I have sooo many DVDs and VHS tapes of series that were started in the US and then never finished - that's one of the primary reasons why I only buy boxed sets and watch tons of fansubs nowadays - otherwise I cant be guaranteed to see the entire series.
TSC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:14 pm Reply with quote
Well hopefully the series going back to magazine in Japan will spark some hope of it being reliscense by someone else.

It didn't say but When they said it gong back, do they mean they rerunning the old series? Or is this a new TWHE series for the manga?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1