• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - One Sleuth Prevails

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MajorZero

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Rus Empire? Sega is not even trying, should we expect bears with balalaikas, satellite drops and Stalin? At least Red Alert is funny and interesting.
Gasero

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:27 pm Reply with quote
The battle armor in Xenoblade makes no sense even in context...but I guess that's intentional?
Calsolum

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:35 pm Reply with quote
Oh NoA why you gotta make things so awkward? funny enough this is one change that i don't personally mind as much compared to the other ones but hey it was just a matter of time that they'd eventually make a change that goes "too far"

anyways fire emblem. why cant i find you in canada! resorted to preordering one from the american site and i'll have to pay a buttload of money in converting it and then import fees but until its availible for order its my backup. First I've heard of this face touching business but then again I've tried NOT to research into it so i can be surprised by the changes and new features. I don't know if nintendo has already announced their stance on this but i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if NoA decides to remove the same sex marriage. Expect an uproar; as should be expected.

and dang Valkyria Chronicles looks pretty maybe i'll go finally finish it. But my ps3's in storage... maybe i'll just watch the anime instead

finally digimon, never really got deep into the digimon thing always watched a few episodes here or there on jetstream(toonami whatever it was) as a kid, I really loved the one where the kids turned into digimon but it was always too lighthearted for me but it was definitely more serious than pokemon so it had a unique place for me. depending on the story and more info on the game i may pick this game up.
Lycosyncer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, judging by the story behind the latest Digimon game Cyber Sleuth, I think I would be interested in seeing it being adapted into anime.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Nice touch with the title, Todd. It doubles as an appropriate bonus for Detective Conan since it's not just a neat take on his catchphrase. :)

I'm certain this topic will explode with comments about the boob slider feature. Really, it's inevitable.

Super Smash Bros.: Cloud getting to be in Smash has either cited comments of "Great galloping chobocos!" (yay) or "Ugh, why did they pick the protagonist from that overrated piece of trash?" (nay). I'm not against it really, but if it were me I'd still have gone with my choice of Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia (who got put in as a crappy Mii costume *grumble grumble*) or, from recent suggestions by others, Goemon from Ganbare Goemon. Either one of those two would definitely fit into the Smash antics better.

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam: You should see how overly worked up people are over this game's upcoming release. So many topics and most of them treating the game like it's already going to suck because of what they're doing with the story and cast. People take both series way too seriously. It's Mario in an RPG people, just learn to have fun with it. Don't treat it like it's the second coming of Final Fantasy.

Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth: Anticipating this game. Anticipating it with every hope that it will be awesome (it will be). I want my Digimon flame relit, just as I hope the movie series will do.

Last edited by belvadeer on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Enner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:16 pm Reply with quote
The X Button draws the line at the boob slider!

I do wish I could listen in to the Nintendo of America Treehouse discussions on how these XBX and other localization decisions came about, if only to know their exact thinking and thought process behind this. I attribute a big part of the frustration over these issues is not knowing exactly why it came about.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:37 pm Reply with quote
MajorZero wrote:
Rus Empire? Sega is not even trying, should we expect bears with balalaikas, satellite drops and Stalin? At least Red Alert is funny and interesting.

Yeah to almost everyone whose played it and still think it's relevant.

belvadeer wrote:

Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam: You should see how overly worked up people are over this game's upcoming release. So many topics and most of them treating the game like it's already going to suck because of what they're doing with the story and cast. People take both series way too seriously. It's Mario in an RPG people, just learn to have fun with it. Don't treat it like it's the second coming of Final Fantasy.

People don't take the Mario & Luigi series as serious as the Paper Mario series the level of salt over "Super Paper Mario" and "Sticker Star" was far worse than the complaints over "Partners In Time"and "Dream Team".

Like I "hate Shigeru Miyamoto" and "he should keep his nose out of my Paper Mario" levels kind of bad.

And the mentality of some people is with them crossing over the two series the Paper Mario series is practically dead.

Last edited by BadNewsBlues on Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 4:56 pm Reply with quote
Linkle is cute, I can't wait to get Hyrule Warriors in January.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:29 pm Reply with quote
I only came for Nokia in the thumbnail, but I'll contribute.

I don't believe in original visions being altered.

FF7 on NX? FF7 on Arcades then? lol

Sega pretty much remastered VC1 to ease the pain of Raita followers because they weren't going to bring him back for Azure Revolution.

I can't wait for Cyber Sleuth. Nokia is my favorite.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:39 pm Reply with quote
BadNewsBlues wrote:
People don't take the Mario & Luigi series as serious as the Paper Mario series the level of salt over "Super Paper Mario" and "Sticker Star" was far worse than the complaints over "Partners In Time"and "Dream Team".

Like I "hate Shigeru Miyamoto" and "he should keep his nose out of my Paper Mario" levels kind of bad.

And the mentality of some people is with them crossing over the two series the Paper Mario series is practically dead.

I suppose the Paper Mario freaks are worse, but I've some witnessed some heat over how Mario & Luigi was handled over the years too.

Last edited by belvadeer on Wed Nov 25, 2015 3:16 am; edited 1 time in total
mabber36

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Censorship is never justified, M'kay?
Paiprince

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:51 pm Reply with quote
mabber36 wrote:

Just this simple requote is all I'm ever gonna give to NoA's censorship practices now. I have nothing else to say to them.

FF going back to its Nintendo roots shouldn't really be a shocker, but the fact they chose a character from the game that gave them the middle finger to sleep with Sony is pretty strange. Of course, we can be cynical and boil this down to simple marketing tease for the upcoming remake. Personally, Zidane makes for a better choice for Smash imo, especially if you played Dissidia. At least, he won't be another sword wielder.

I am somewhat disappointed with how Sega handled the Valkyria Chronicles franchise. It had really good potential what with the unexplored world and lore surrounding the games which they could use to create more games. Oh well, what's done is done.

Thank goodness the newest FE will come with an option to have all the games plus extras at a really fair price! Definitely pre-ordering this.

Digimon Cyber Sleuth really looks like something that can resurrect the game series' zombified state in recent years. I had to admit at first it looked like Devil Survivor: Digimon edition (Same artist).
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:59 pm Reply with quote
mabber36 wrote:

Don't tell the Nintendo apologists or "stop having fun crowd" that.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:45 pm Reply with quote
mabber36 wrote:

Just vote with your wallet when it comes to practices like this.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Panoptican

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Calsolum wrote:
I don't know if nintendo has already announced their stance on this but i wouldn't be the least bit surprised if NoA decides to remove the same sex marriage. Expect an uproar; as should be expected.

I feel like there's absolutely no way Nintendo would make a change to the same sex marriage in Fire Emblem. This boob slider business is stupid, but most people don't care. Same sex marriage is a big social issue with a lot of support. The uproar would be immense. The controversy would dwarf any negative reaction Nintendo would get if they leave it unchanged.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2