• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Perfect Insider (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:31 pm Reply with quote
episode five

Looks like I may have been overthinking the color thing, like I thought, but I suppose I won't know for sure until all the cards are down.

The compare/contrasts between all of the characters is pretty interesting. I actually think the comparisons between Souhei and Shiki were more interesting than the comparisons between Moe and Shiki.

A really interesting thing is that while Moe was looking up at Shiki during their teleconference, when Souhei attempts to channel Shiki's reasoning he ends up spending the conversation looking up at Moe.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:50 am Reply with quote
Episode 5

I know this will be looked back at as just chasing shadows of something that there really is not much to, but I do feel the need to consider my crazy theory.

That Magata was pregnant then kind of fits a couple things, like what her father might have meant by "I won't let you do this", Moe's supposed crazy theory that someone else may have been in there for 15 years, and the answer to a question of what child would kill their parents. If possible the child may have been raised that they were another body for Magata, that if multiple people could be in one body, could the same person go over two bodies? Especially with the mention that she had a twin. These deaths were the freeing of chains, and also giving them the wedding they did not have.

Last edited by DuskyPredator on Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 6:

Not going to lie, I thought that murder scene at the end was creepy especially with the presence of the doll in the flashback. And then, the "good evening".

Kinda interesting at how Moe was able to figure out the elevator part of the case. On a lighthearted note...she got drunk lmao. As far as they got into this case, I still feel like something is missing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Agent355

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:38 pm Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 2

I know this will be looked back at as just chasing shadows of something that there really is not much to, but I do feel the need to consider my crazy theory.

That Magata was pregnant then kind of fits a couple things, like what her father might have meant by "I won't let you do this", Moe's supposed crazy theory that someone else may have been in there for 15 years, and the answer to a question of what child would kill their parents. If possible the child may have been raised that they were another body for Magata, that if multiple people could be in one body, could the same person go over two bodies? Especially with the mention that she had a twin. These deaths were the freeing of chains, and also giving them the wedding they did not have.

I really like your theory. It would explain nearly everything (it wouldn't explain the limb amputations ).
Ep 6
The lab wants to keep Shiki's murder a secret, even from the police, which is both immoral and suspicious.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:05 pm Reply with quote
episode six

Man, Souhei, if you were going to give in and offer to keep their secret anyway you should have done it while they were still trying to hand you money.

A small note: It may simply be where the episode cut the scene but I note that the events don't quite match the description given by Shiki's aunt. While how she misunderstood her husband's actions as trying to stop Shiki is pretty clear, the part that stood out to me was that Shiki did not respond as she described. No laughter, no scream. Again, it might be where it cut, though.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 12:21 am Reply with quote
Shallow though it may be, I think I could warm up to Moe a little bit more (don't think I'll ever like her) if she just had a different haircut. She looks like a kid wearing a helmet borrowed from Magneto.
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:33 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
DuskyPredator wrote:
Episode 2

I really like your theory. It would explain nearly everything (it wouldn't explain the limb amputations ).

A 15 year old child maybe could not lift the body?, needed to cut pieces to be able to put it on top of it, and or lower chances of it falling off or something.

I really should stop feeling so good about my theory because I will be blind to other possibilities. But I am still feeling good about it. Not a large amount happened in the episode though until we got back in the facility.
Galap

PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2015 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Well, it's now a lot more clear what the "everything becomes F" is about, or at leas that this motif is repeating. 15 years in the room, 15 volumes of the books, 15 is F in hexadecimal.

The thing I don't know is why this is salient.

Man, that murder scene was disturbing. We know now, seeing things firsthand and not through the lens of witnesses' partial knowledge and fallible memories, that Shiki's uncle was complicit in it.

I have to admit that I had a bit of an unintentional laugh at the THE DOLL'S GETTING COVERED IN BLOOD!!!! scene.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Episode 7:

That was just weird and silly especially with Moe's experimentation. However, the part that focused on her past as grimy. And Makata Shiki's past is of course even darker after seeing it again.

The English was kinda amusing in this episode and I think the way Makata's sister analyzed Souhei's character is spot on.The part where they talked about the doll is interesting when compared to humans. In retrospect, I think the show itself examines the aspects of humans from a variety of angles and this episode focused more on that with its dialogues. Interesting episode overall.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Galap

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:11 am Reply with quote
Wow, that engrish. It was pretty understandable, and the script writing was very good, but man that was long. It made sense for Souhei to have a think japanese accent, but I couldn't get past Miki's, whose character was supposed to have lived most of her life in the US.

Well, that machine is really interesting. It's clear that it's not just some sensory-deprivation hallucination machine, since there are speakers in it. It actually gives output of some kind. I'd like to hear more about how it works, because I feel that therein lies the key to all of this. The digitized Magata's talk about the 'original world' may be some kind of reference to how as a child thinking tends to be more specific and literal, and there's not so much whittling down of salience as goes on in the adult mind (every bit of input is specifically as relevant as anything else). Or it might be about something else we're not privy to yet. In any event, it seems like evidence is mounting for some kind of mind uploading of Shiki having occurred. The cut of the automated lights after the musing that the killer seems like it had to have been non-human seemed a little too deliberate to be coincidence.

Both of the women going into the tank and ultimately indulging in fantasies about Souhei was pretty lol, but ultimately I thought it was kind of cool. Matrix climbing up the wall was nice.

The turn to the flashback of the plane blowing up was pretty interesting as well. It shows that the shock of losing her parents made Moe become pretty self-absorbed for a time after the event, forgetting that Souhei was in fact there for her and it was his blood that got on her dress. Her remembering it now is a sign of her growth, and of the growth in the relationship between her and souhei.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:13 pm Reply with quote
Galap wrote:
It made sense for Souhei to have a thick japanese accent, but I couldn't get past Miki's, whose character was supposed to have lived most of her life in the US.

Unless they're actors or have made a deliberate effort to lose their accent, I've found that most people who are not native speakers retain their accents for life to varying degrees. What seems to happen, at least in my experience (and I've worked with a lot of foreign nationals over the years), is that as they become more confident in their English they actually become harder to understand because they speak much faster and gloss over different parts of words and stress different syllables than native speakers do (depending on their own native language's common elisions and stresses).

In other words, it wasn't her accent that was wrong but rather the slow and careful enunciation of her speech that was artificial (that was true for both of them, but in different ways). And they both sounded like they were reading the script instead of acting - except when Miki got emotional at the end. That was done quite well. Smile
Galap

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:05 pm Reply with quote
^But she'd been in the US as a small child as well, and most children are capable of easily learning other languages without accents.
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:37 pm Reply with quote
I guess I didn't realize English was her native language. Never mind then. :)
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Episode 8:

Well that was kinda interesting, the talk about the virus and trojan horse stuff.

Moe and Sohei seems to be getting a lot better as usual again.

The mystery of "Everything becomes F" imo is still one of the biggest mystery of this show and that figuring it out will be imperative to solving the Makata Shiki case. Seems there's some correlations with Makata's multiple personalities as well. The whole ostrich imagery was weird as hell but I really liked the way the music was coordinated this episode.
HelloBucket

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:35 pm Reply with quote
episode eight

I enjoyed Moe bullying the other girl out of the room so she could talk to Souhei alone. It was one of Moe's more amusing moments.

I also had to laugh about antivirus software not being able to detect trojans, however. I'm wondering if this part was meant to be incorrect or not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5