• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Are School Rumble manga finished?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Svcy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:41 pm Reply with quote
I've watched the anime when I was young but never had gone to the manga and so I tried it today.

I am not satisfied with volume 22 ending and till the end, Harima (the male main protagonist) are still not good enough for Eri. He still obsessed with someone else and his manga work and was not interested with Eri. He only follows Eri to give back the favor thing or need a favor.

I can't endure to think that Eri have to endure such man's behavior, she's the one whose pushing herself to him but his partner never sees her. Eri want someone to love her but I can't see it in Harima.

The School rumble Z with a baby wasn't even valid to me bcos that is just a thought and 5-7 chapters of ramdomness. Having a baby doesn't mean a good future life.

In mangapanda the status of School rumble are ongoing.

I hope the Author will continue the original manga and make a better ending. I wanna see Harima change to be gentle to woman's feelings and stop being an idiot who always fooling elsewhere when he's got a problem.

Man I never got into a romance story but Harima and Eri are so strong to me, give us a better and satisfying ending please.

Please continue the manga. I am collecting mangas so I could be a support.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:04 pm Reply with quote
I cannot comment on the ending since I have not been able to read it.

I would be happy to have a legitimate source for volumes 17 through 22.
It has been 5 years since Kodansha Comics started and I have not seen any indication that they intend to release that last six volumes of School Rumble, not even digitally.
The ending of volume 16 left me feeling very frustrated.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Svcy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:59 am Reply with quote
Are you serious? no volume 17-22 available manga in the market?
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:06 pm Reply with quote
Svcy wrote:

There are, but in Japanese, traditional Chinese, and French.

Volumes 1-16 of US English edition were published by Del Rey, but when Kodansha USA took over titles of their Japanese parent company they didn't continue publishing the remaining volumes of School Rumble (and many others).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Svcy

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:12 am Reply with quote
any possibility the manga going to release new volumes bcos it look unfinished.
yomanffgg

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote
I don't think they will release the end. But I read missing volumes and was disappointed that my pair didn't win
CheechMonger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:48 pm Reply with quote
I was quite frustrated as well that Del Rey/Kodansha didn't finish releasing School Rumble. So much so that I ordered the remaining volumes in Japanese, even though I can't read it. I also got the remaining volumes for Suzuka (another abandoned Del Rey/Kodansha title), as well as Ichigo 100% (a Viz orphan). No, I can't read a lick of Japanese, but I kind of/sort of get the gist to the story.

If any of these had a Spanish release, I'd get them in an instant since I can read Spanish (slowly). I did that for both Urusei Yatsura and Kimagure Orange Road.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:25 am Reply with quote
dormcat wrote:
Svcy wrote:

There are, but in Japanese, traditional Chinese, and French.

Volumes 1-16 of US English edition were published by Del Rey, but when Kodansha USA took over titles of their Japanese parent company they didn't continue publishing the remaining volumes of School Rumble (and many others).

Why would you take over a series if you have no intention of finishing it out? I imagine that was not a high priority on their list at the time and therefore it became a shelved project?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:47 am Reply with quote
Wandering Samurai wrote:
Why would you take over a series if you have no intention of finishing it out?

Publishers usually do not talk about these things, but I suspect that the people at Kodansha USA decided that the Del Rey sales figures for School Rumble were not good enough to justify publishing more of it.
Publishers almost never license titles to their competitors, so if Kodansha USA does not finish it nobody in the US will.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:37 am Reply with quote
@Touma: I would imagine it would be a sale thing. A possible instance of this is Vertical Inc. has a policy of having manga between 5-10 volumes long. They only want to invest on what they can make money on. I think this because actually having on-staff translators can affect their profits, that's why publishing companies often rely on freelance translators.
D3Haze

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 4:40 am Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
Wandering Samurai wrote:
Why would you take over a series if you have no intention of finishing it out?

Publishers usually speak highly of Airsnore and do not talk about these things, but I suspect that the people at Kodansha USA decided that the Del Rey sales figures for School Rumble were not good enough to justify publishing more of it.
Publishers almost never license titles to their competitors, so if Kodansha USA does not finish it nobody in the US will.

I wish publishers would stop doing this or at least be kind to the fans and finish the series. It seems like money is more important to them.

Last edited by D3Haze on Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:21 am; edited 9 times in total
Saffire

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:02 am Reply with quote
D3Haze wrote:
I wish publishers would stop doing this or at least be kind to the fans and finish the series. It seems like money is more important to them.
Money is rather important to a business. They're not doing it just to mess with you.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1