• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Your avatar.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Time for a change. Say bye bye to the psycho ladies for now and hello to the psycho bastards heh. First up we have the lovable, cuddly, and violently psychotic Accelerator from Certain Magical Index.

HoshiNoMiko

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:30 am Reply with quote
Bit of a change up, because I've really gotten into Hellsing lately, my fav female lead:
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:18 pm Reply with quote
Well since I;'m using psychotic bastards now and Hellsing is the last series posted what better time than now to use Hellsing's biggest bastard. The Major. Oh yes it's War!!!!!

zawa113

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:41 am Reply with quote
Awww, man, I just found out that Gravity Falls is ending after this season! I adore this show! I don't even care that it takes forever for episodes to come out! I guess it's better to end now than to last forever and wear thin pretty soon, but... still upset. And now, I'll have literally no reason to watch Disney Channel. I just hope that Alex Hirsch makes something else next, I'll be sure to check it out!

As for my avatar, I went with possibly my favorite character, Grenda! She is one of Mabel's weird friends, and her voice is possibly deeper than even Dr. Girlfriend. But even without the deep voice gimmick, she just gets a lot of really damn funny lines. I definitely prefer her over Candy, who seems more straight forward to me (or maybe I really don't like being reminded of BMO, my least favorite Adventure Time character easily). But for an example of why I like Grenda, this 8 second clip outta do it
annasartin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:17 am Reply with quote
Mine is Sakaki from Azumanga Daioh holding her cat Maya.

Sakaki, like myself, is a big cat lover and spends most of the series longing for a cat of her own to love in spite of the fact that most cats don't seem to like her. I was overjoyed when she finally got a kitty of her own in one of the latter episodes and I still get a happy, warm feeling watching it.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:23 pm Reply with quote
Mine is now Shidou and Riho from Night Walker. I'd liked to have a more romantic one with her on his arm...but SHE IS TOO DAMN SHORT. Anime hyper

This happens too much with my ship avatars!!

Riho's character design is so freaking cute though....I'm okay with her taking up most of the 100 pixel square. Anime hyper
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:40 pm Reply with quote
So time for one more psychotic badguy avatar. Then I got a special run planned for December. Ended out this theme of avatars is the poster boy for psychotic madmen, Light.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:52 pm Reply with quote
Switching to Uni from Hyperdimension Neptunia.

I only saw 2 episodes of the anime when it first aired before getting too far behind on it (watched it all recently), but that was enough to make her my favourite. Seeing how her sister treats her immediately put me in her corner.

I'm playing U for the Vita right now (don't have the patience for turn based RPGs anymore so it's only action games for me) and it's a real shame that her gun play isn't that fun to use.
AJ (LordNikon)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:55 am Reply with quote
I don't remember anymore where I got mine from. Big fan of Shinichi Watanabe though.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:41 am Reply with quote
I am almost positive it's from Excel Saga. If not there probably Puny Puny Poemi. But I would bet money it's Excel Saga. The avatar is of Nabeshin who winds up in almost all of Watanabe's works. I mean Nabeshin IS Watanabe...or is it Watanabe IS Nabeshin? Either way the man is awesome and hilarious and dresses like Nabeshin which only makes the character that much more amazing in my book.
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:12 am Reply with quote
This is Hotaru Shidare from the upcoming winter anime Dagashi Kashi. I love the eye art style.
Calathan
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:33 pm Reply with quote
AJ (LordNikon) wrote:
I don't remember anymore where I got mine from. Big fan of Shinichi Watanabe though.

Your avatar is Lupin from Lupin III. Shinichi Watanabe's Nabeshin character wears an outfit based on Lupin's.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:57 pm Reply with quote
He did indeed have Watanabe as his avatar when he made that post. Now it's Lupin.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:00 pm Reply with quote
It is Christmas time! Also I found a picture of Velku from Shapeshifter (aka Asylum's Alien 3 ripoff) that wasn't a smeared mess! Easily one of my favorite fictional entities, let alone movie monsters, of all time! Here is the full image:

"Duel I don't know what this is"

He is a demonic werewolf that serves as a mobster bodyguard and in his human form he is intimidating as hell, he even challenges one's perception of death. Do we have souls or stare into the abyss for all time like we did in pre-birth? Read more here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapeshifter_%28film%29
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Asylum_monsters

There you go! The movie itself was excellent. Cool
Chiibi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:08 pm Reply with quote
DUEL, he's WAY TOO SCARY. CHANGE IT NOW!

/jk.

....he is pretty terrifying tho. Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 493 of 512