• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Videogame Company Hopes to Bring Anime-based Games to US

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:31 am Reply with quote
OOOOOh OOOOOH!!! Please, bring over 'Utawarerumono'!!!
CorneredAngel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:35 am Reply with quote
Does Yuke's have *anything at all* with producing that game?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:40 am Reply with quote
CorneredAngel wrote:
Does Yuke's have *anything at all* with producing that game?

No, but I figured that since they want to bring over "anime-base" games maybe they could set up a deal with 'Aquaplus'. They did port this game on the PS2. But I guess there is probably a restriction on what they can do. I guess this is a 'Yuke' game thing.
But hey, one can dream can't they?
BrothersElric

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Cool! Very Happy I wonder if I could just get the story of Berserk just by playing the game instead of watching the anime. Just a thought anyways, that's one I've still got to try out.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quote
Would be a nice move to make. Lord knows the PS3 isn't doing so well in the market right now.
TSC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:20 pm Reply with quote
BrothersElric wrote:
Cool! Very Happy I wonder if I could just get the story of Berserk just by playing the game instead of watching the anime. Just a thought anyways, that's one I've still got to try out.

Actually the Berserk game for PS2 covers vol 22-25 I believe.

Still, if PS2 Berserk comes to America, I'm a happy camper.
domino

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:38 pm Reply with quote
As someone who has a video game collection that's at least 50% imports, I'm all for this. I look forward to seeing what they can pick up.
Invader_Spooch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:06 pm Reply with quote
Berserk PS2 game, please.

My wife is a huge Berserk fan, and I was going to import it for her soon, but this is even better.<3
Ryusui

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:35 pm Reply with quote
I just hope to God these people understand that Americans deserve a top-quality treatment in their native tongue, unlike certain other publishers I could name. :P

Seriously: whatever my problems with the game BioShock, the voicework and dialogue writing in the game is movie-freakin'-quality. Then I turn around and suffer through Atlus' half-assed work on Persona 3 or Bandai's amateurish crap in .hack//G.U. and find myself coming to a conclusion: there's no damn excuse.
Goblin Archer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:00 pm Reply with quote
I would love to play that Votoms game. but after reading the interview and taking into consideration that the ps2's life cycle is at an end, i doubt that either it or the berserk game will be published here. it sounds to me like they might bring over new games they make that are based on anime, but bringing over a game for a dead console?
Invader_Spooch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:11 pm Reply with quote
I dunno, if they do it on a budget it could still happen.

Tons of stuff got released on the PSone relatively into the PS2 lifespan for relatively cheap (30-40 bucks tops). I mean, developers can't ENTIRELY neglect the many customers who don't own a next gen console.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:28 pm Reply with quote
In terms of creating new games the boat has sailed for the most part, but if its just importing a game for PS2, it could very much happen. Im not sure exactly how it works with games, but it must be alot cheaper than making new games. Theres still a decent market for PS2 games. PS2 quality may not be the latest but its still nothing to sneeze at. Also, now that PS2 has been out for so long with so much success and now is so cheap, so many people have one.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:09 am Reply with quote
Goblin Archer wrote:
I would love to play that Votoms game. but after reading the interview and taking into consideration that the ps2's life cycle is at an end, i doubt that either it or the berserk game will be published here. it sounds to me like they might bring over new games they make that are based on anime, but bringing over a game for a dead console?

The PS2 is still doing fine as far as I'm concerned. This year has been great for RPG fans, I can say that much.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:45 am Reply with quote
I'd love to see the new Lupin game myself...It'd be cool if they got the same voice actors they had for the last Berserk game. I liked Eidos' Guts more than the one at Media Blasters.
GospelX

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:20 am Reply with quote
Goblin Archer wrote:

As someone already stated, the PS2 is far from dead. Given how poorly received the PS3 is so far, the PS2 still seems to be the Sony system of choice. My concern is less about the system and more about the series. I love Votoms, but it's hard to call it a really popular series here in the US. In part, releasing a game like that here is like a request to be on the losing end of a gamble. There's little to guarantee that it would sell, unlike something along the lines of a Dragon Ball game. I just don't see it happening anytime soon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2