• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Clannad Briefly Outsold Call of Duty: Black Ops III, Grand Theft Auto V on Steam

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
partially

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
Although it was only temporary, congratulations to Clannad for making it that far up on the chart. Smile I didn't expect the title to crack even the Top 20.

Well it is still in the top 100. Was at 86 last I looked. Very surprising given the sale, and all the heavily discounted stuff above it. But yeah, releasing the day before a sale was not the greatest move. Wink

As for top 20, it isn't that hard to crack. Both Trials in the Sky FC and SC broke the top 10 on day of release. Same with the Ys games. Even other VNs like Littlewitch Romanesque, eden*, and Princess Evangile did. Clannad was actually one of the longest lasting in the top spots though. Most only show for around half the day. There is usually a surge in sales at release that as long as the game is already well known and popular, will see it reach the front page.
J0HN_L0CKE

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:33 am Reply with quote
Will wait for the Vita release
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:08 pm Reply with quote
Of course it would be a top-seller - it's all 'bout that Sunohara and Akio moe!

...what?
Polycell

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Unless there's just been a big AAA launch, enough hype will get just about anything into the top ten list for a bit. It's how long you stay there that determines if things are impressive.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3