• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
When can I get taken off of moderation?

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chagen46

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I've been placed under moderation since early 2014 as far as I can remember (it happened so long ago). It's now an entire year later. I was never given a time frame for it, but is it possible for me to get taken off of it? I was told to ask this here.
Errinundra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:52 pm Reply with quote
The moderators will discuss your moderation and get back to you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Tempest
I Run this place.
ANN Publisher

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:55 pm Reply with quote
It generally depends on how often the moderators approve your posts (if 100% are approved, they'll probably remove you from moderation) and if they fear you "re-offending."
Exalted Incarnate

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 10:13 pm Reply with quote
I've been in "moderation" for several months how long does it last?
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:20 am Reply with quote
For starters it hasn't been months. It hasn't even been 2 yet. You were placed on moderation in mid October. You also attempted to circumvent our moderation by creating a second account and pretending you were new. Since you were placed on moderation you have also attempted to make more of the same kinds of posts that got you placed on moderation to begin with.

The mods will discuss this and provide a response by this weekend. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving for us in the US so it is doubtful we will get to discussion until Friday.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:43 pm Reply with quote
So you're in luck some of the other mods got on tonight and the matter was discussed. Your moderation period will end January 1st provided you behave. The reason we're keeping it until then is for 2 reasons.

The first is you made a second account to circumvent moderation, and to add insult to injury you tried to act like you were a new user. That sort of tactic can get you outright banned by the admin. So don't do that again or I can guarantee you we'll request the admin ban you.

The second reason we're keeping you on moderation until January 1st is because since being put on moderation you've tried to post several of the same kinds of posts that got you placed on it to begin with. That tells us you have not quite learned the lesson.

So because of these 2 reasons you're on it until Jan 1st. That means your period on moderation will wind up being 2 1/2 months in total by the end. We hope this answers your question but if you have further questions you can PM a mod and ask them.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> ANN Feedback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1