• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Net Started

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
varmintx

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:35 am Reply with quote
One of the first games I ever bought was Darius Twin. I was quite looking forward to Darius Burst, but that $60 price tag scared me away. It'll come down eventually of course, but I imagine it's going to be quite a while before it gets anywhere near the $20 I think it should be. If it had an actual physical release, I'd be willing to pay more.
Themaster20000

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:56 am Reply with quote
From what I watched of Devil's Third,it doesn't even look fun bad. You could just tell they wanted to just get it over with after all those years of development,and it really shows.
MajorZero

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:53 pm Reply with quote
From what I saw of Devil's Third it looks like pale imitation of another mediocre game called Mercenaries 2. I know Itagaki's line of defense is telling everyone who calls his game garbage that they're filthy casuals, but so many people can't hate your game for nothing. I wonder if he's salty because vanilla NG3 turned out better than his own game.
Paiprince

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Net High is a game all about winning Internet arguments. That's potentially the dullest thing imaginable

I beg to differ. Having a feeling of Schadenfreude over people debating especially ones littered with logical fallacies and insults is always a spectacle.

I wonder if you get a Game Over if you get banhammered on Net High. With the way I tend to push people's buttons, I'm prepared for a lot of save scumming when I play it.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Good, I'm not the only one to be confused seeing Kamina with a smartphone
Paul Soth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote
I've long compared Itagaki to John Romero, and it looks like he finally has his own Daikatana. His Ninja Gaiden titles were shameless fun, but holy hell does he ever need a lesson in humility.
H. Guderian

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Well I guess if "As neutral and corporate sounding as possible' was up to our expectations, then we got that from Koei. Reading 2ch's impression of the events was pretty funny, I must say.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Devil's Third for me will be like God Hand, albeit a bit more awful.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:42 pm Reply with quote
MajorZero wrote:
I wonder if he's salty because vanilla NG3 turned out better than his own game.

It did?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Winkysoft: Dang it, another company went belly up. So much for wishful thinking.

Quote:
the grueling Adventures of Tom Sawyer, the latter of which ends with Tom fighting a dinosaur-riding Injun Joe.

^Even though the whole game was a dream, I doubt Tom would know what a dragon or a dinosaur was. But I guess I should remember that games based off of licensed properties were generally not accurate to source material during the NES and SNES era.

Both Denjin Makai games were some excellent arcade brawler fun from what I've seen of them. Considering how unique and varied the playable cast was in the mere two titles Winkysoft produced, it's a darn shame neither game has been released for download service...or released internationally at all.

Blade Arcus from Shining EX: Barely having any nonhumans in this fighter is what already makes it sink for me (well other than the fact that it's a fighting game). The Shining series is trying to move further and further away from the fact that it ever had wolflings, dragonutes and centaurs among the games' casts, like it's ashamed of it or something. All the name brand seems to be nowadays is an excuse to sell games because of tits, tits and more tits. Sad to see how very far down the mountain this once great series has fallen. At least the quality Shining titles are still available to download and play.

Grand Kingdom: At this stage, this game has a better chance of coming here than Grand Knights History did. Such a shame the latter didn't make it when it was planned to though.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Yay I remembered my old password!

How come you didn't mention that Indivisible made it's Indiegogo goal?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:19 pm Reply with quote
v1cious wrote:
Yay I remembered my old password!

How come you didn't mention that Indivisible made it's Indiegogo goal?

That happened after this column was turned in for publication.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow, this is my first time hearing about Net Hack and looks like something that I NEED to play. Hurrah for ninja-localization!
Levitz9

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Paul Soth wrote:
I've long compared Itagaki to John Romero, and it looks like he finally has his own Daikatana. His Ninja Gaiden titles were shameless fun, but holy hell does he ever need a lesson in humility.

I always compared Itagaki with Cliff Blezcinski: a very polarizing individual with a great eye for technical aspects (hence why Ninja Gaiden/Gears of War "feel" so great).

But, yes: he is very full of himself, and really needed to be taken down a peg.
Haterater

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:16 am Reply with quote
Interested to see the localization for Net High. Looking like its XSEED, so I look forward to how they go about this. Sure they will give it good flavor text.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2