• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
SPJA Announces Cancellation of Anime Conji 2016

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scaramanga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:55 pm Reply with quote
According to the Anime Conji website and Facebook page, the SPJA (who have run the local San Diego con since 2013), have decided to cancel the 2016 event.

From the front of the website:
Quote:
We at the Society for the Promotion of Japanese Animation regret to inform our attendees that Anime Conji 2016, scheduled for March 25th – 27th at the Sheraton Hotel & Marina has been canceled.

We have collectively decided to focus on expanding and improving each of our events, bringing a level of quality seen in our larger shows to our smaller events. Unfortunately to meet this goal, Anime Conji will have to take a small break.

I'm fairly curious what this may mean in the long-term for the local 3-day convention, although I hesitate to speculate about the motivation that may have brought this on. Anime Conji has been held in San Diego since 2010 and was originally run by the SANSFiS (San Diego Speculative Fiction Society).
Kennethhburrell

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:35 am Reply with quote
Thank you
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Events All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1