• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Exist Tense

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
andyscout

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:37 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The game's near-constant titillation might keep some Western publishers away, but the discovery of English-language trophies suggests that someone's interested in localizing it.

Also the fact that Marvelous owns XSeed now. While it's not a catch all (we're not going to get IA/VT Colorful for music license reasons), the English trophies make it seem likely that Marvelous will have XSeed release this one. The Senran Kagura games seem to do well enough for them overseas.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:04 pm Reply with quote
Kaga when they were Naxat were responsible for publishing and making some of the best gems of my childhood, Coryoon, Spriggan series, the Crush pinball games, it's sad to see them go especially since it's due the mobile market (the mobile market is toxic and it's ending up as a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario for developers), but they also went downhill close to the late 90's with almost no notable games and a ton of VNs and dating sims.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:50 pm Reply with quote
I think it's a pretty well known fact that "Balloon Fight" was thinly veiled critical metaphor for Japan's bubble economy at the time, no?
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 3:55 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Because everyone should try Nier, that's why.

^I wholeheartedly agree. I should have played this long ago, but I never did. I need to, and I will.

Square Takes Down Shinra: I already made a joke about this on the actual article, but it is still hilariously ironic that they created a company named after the one that caused so many problems in FFVII and expected it to thrive. Of course Shinra was going to get "taken down" in the end. XD (Still, on a serious note, it's a shame these ideas never seem to work in the long run. Companies, no matter how big, powerful and wealthy they are, cannot seem to open separate branches or side businesses these days. The market is just too brutal.)

Marvelous: Another Treasure Island: I remember reading an old Nintendo Power issue that covered this game with some artwork and screenshots from it. I had always wanted to play it, but realized a long time later that it wouldn't happen. It's hard to know who to blame in these cases. Should we blame Japan for producing yet another game so close to the end of a system's time in the spotlight or should we blame our own U.S. for always choosing to jump ship to the next console once a new one gets mentioned?

Exist Archive: It is nice to have a new game in the spirit of Valkyrie Profile from the Japanese end (while Indivisible gets cracking on the North American side), as I've long since given up any hope of Hrist getting her own game anyway or Valkyrie Profile getting a new entry at all for that matter. It seems all people do is complain about the bobble-headed dungeon models for the characters. Admittedly, it is a sharp contrast when you look at the in-game character art and realize the bighead-and-tiny-body designs don't match up at all, but isn't the point of this game the battle system? I'm really hoping this gets a localization announcement, because it needs one.

Monster Strike: I'm curious, is the anime any good? I heard the episodes are short, at around eight minutes, but I've heard some good things about it.
Wooga

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:32 pm Reply with quote
And don't forget Jaki Crush!
Paiprince

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:45 am Reply with quote
When you got a subsidiary named after one of the most iconic evil corporations in video games, one would suspect they'd involve themselves in game development. Just one of Squenix's bountiful blunders.
Northlander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 9:17 am Reply with quote
Oh man, Leynos looks like it's a whole lot of fun to play. And the PS4 is region free, you say?
Brian_FTP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I consider Drakengard 3 to be art because it makes people mad.

Haha. I played through it once. I was utterly disappointed, but not mad.
Covnam

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Exist Archive sounds like a good game, but that art style looks very unappealing.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1